Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Why be notified when I post a response?
jav6

Sometimes, lately, when I post a response in a thread I'm participating in, I get Inbox notifications that new responses are present.  The notifications are for those responses that I, myself, posted.  I already know that, so can't I not be alerted that I just posted?  Kind of a waste of my time to scroll down and see that it was my post that I'm being alerted to.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Re: Why be notified when I post a response?
Ann154
MVP MVP
MVP

I don't get notified for when I posted something in the community. I have certain threads and spaces where I get an email whenever someone posts in that space or thread. I never see an email to my own posts.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jav6

It might be related to the login/logout/browser inactivity issue where somehow the website thinks I've logged out (but not) and sends the notification thinking I'm someone else. Maybe two processes are looking in two different places and not in sync.  Not a big deal, just another puzzle.

0 Likes
kathy65793

Have you been on the My Preference PAGE Lately?

It sounds like something in there is checked to send you these messages

0 Likes
jav6

This sporadically happens, not EVERY time I post/respond.  I'll check my preferences, but don't think anything has changed and if so, it would be on every response I assume.  And I'm not talking about getting email's to my inbox but notifications to my inbox on this forum.

0 Likes
jav6

0 Likes
jav6

And here it shows me being alerted that someone else responded to a thread I participated in, but this time no notification that I responded to another thread.  Sometimes I get notified that I responded.  I'll wait for it to happen again and post a screen shot.

0 Likes
Ann154
MVP MVP
MVP

Add a check to the "Unread Only" option to show you only the unread items.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jav6

The ones I'm referring to show up as UNREAD with the RED dot.  Hopefully, it will present itself again and I can grab a screen shot.

0 Likes
Ann154
MVP MVP
MVP

I suspect that red dot is showing up because there is new posts to that thread and you haven't refreshed the Inbox to see it. Since I leave my "show unread only" checked on the majority of the time, I don't see it myself. The red dot signifies unread items.

At least you don't have the phantom unread items.

0 Likes