Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Why do you make it so hard to become a user of your forums?
michelle3253

Why can't you just allow your users to access these pages with their verizon site credentials.

Also, finding the forums was difficult. The messaging and directions to register are horrible and the process is one of the worst I've ever encountered.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Why do you make it so hard to become a user of your forums?
laurend_vzw
VZ Employee Emeritus

Hey Michelle,

Sorry you encountered trouble registering with the Community. We are working on upgrading the process to better support all users including My Verizon users.

In the meantime to locate the Community quickly you can bookmark community.vzw.com which will allow you to browse the Community without having to register or login.

Again our apologies for your registration troubles and thank you for your feedback. We definitely want to fix the process for everyone.

Thanks, L

View solution in original post

0 Likes
laurend_vzw
VZ Employee Emeritus

Hey Michelle,

Sorry you encountered trouble registering with the Community. We are working on upgrading the process to better support all users including My Verizon users.

In the meantime to locate the Community quickly you can bookmark community.vzw.com which will allow you to browse the Community without having to register or login.

Again our apologies for your registration troubles and thank you for your feedback. We definitely want to fix the process for everyone.

Thanks, L

0 Likes
bon00054

i agree. its a pain in the **bleep**.  first you have to 'register'  then they send you an email.  then you basically have to RE-register after you type in that code they email you.  talk about a major pain!  i'm a new customer and i seriously do not like to jump through so many hoops to get some help.

Squallfyr
Novice
The process you just went through...is the exact same process to register on 99% of any other site XD
0 Likes
MojaveMoon_

There is a still unresolved issue that might also be contributing to difficulty of registering.

"How to sign in to the forum using Firefox w/ NoScript"

http://community.vzw.com/t5/Suggestions-for-this-Community/How-to-sign-in-to-the-forum-using-Firefox...

People who use the Firefox extension called Noscript will need to read that thread and follow the instructions in the first post. Just now, I removed the recommended change to Noscript and discovered that the reported issue appears to still exist -- it's impossible for me to sign in to this forum without that recommended Noscript change in place.

0 Likes