Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Why is there no way to delete my community forum account?
steelersfan13

Hello, I have realized that I already have a My Verizon log in and would rather use that instead of the community profile I just made. I cannot find ANYWHERE how to delete my account, and I have seen threads from others saying they cannot find it either; and someone else ( I assume a moderator or someone with administrative privileges ) had to come along and do it for them.

Why is this so? Anyway, I'd like to delete my account so mods please send me the link. Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Why is there no way to delete my community forum account?
VoXRAZR

I would like to delete this account as well. I've making a very drastic legal sweep through all accounts on the internet that I've opened up. 3 companies have refused to delete profiles.

I hope you all honor this.. or at least let me change my username and password.

Not applicable

You can't delete your account because your posts are part of the history of the threads in which you have posted.

0 Likes
steelersfan13

You said some companies have refused? I'm not sure that is legal unless it is something buried in their Terms of Services agreements. Companies can make it hard to terminate accounts, but I doubt they have the legal rights to flat out refuse it. That just seems rediculous and if you NEED those deleted you may want to seek legal counsel. In the meantime, you can basically remove all info in those accounts, and even change your email address listed in it to a computer generated one using a website like Guerrilla mail. Good luck though.

Hopefully Verizon will not make us do that here.

0 Likes
steelersfan13

There are millions of forums on the internet, and you can delete your account in 90% of them without affecting anything.

>> comment deleted; please keep it courteous <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
steelersfan13

I hope your kidding horses lol. It doesn't work that way, unless Verizon designed the website intenionally to have that effect.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Of course they did.  That's why you can no longer delete your posts after a couple minutes.  They want to maintain the complete record so the threads continue to make sense.

0 Likes
steelersfan13

??? Horses, there are thousands of forums on the internet and you can delete your account in almost all of them.

Deleting your account does not affect threads you have posted in. Your name and posts remain, but the account they came from no longer exists.

Not applicable

OK then, delete the account.

0 Likes
steelersfan13

Clearly, myself and others cannot without the help of an administrator.

Or maybe it is true that the Verizon Support forums does not allow account deletion. It could just be a shady way to attempt to keep member info and email addresses. But believe me lol, the reason they may not allow account deletion is not because it would cause continuity problems in the threads, or because it would be technically impossible and cause problems with thread history.

Someone with any technical knowledge will tell you the same. Now the site, in theory, could be purposely designed with that limitation in an attempt to have a reason to deny account termination, but I'd hope that is not the case here.

0 Likes