Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Why is this Forum so idiosyncratic, so poorly designed? (One star for Major Fail)
I_dRatherSpeakWithAHu

I've been using and operating online community forums since the were first made popular in the 1980s.  In all that time I haven't found a major community forum, especially one serving tens of millions of users, as poorly designed as the VerizonWireless Community Forum.

From large items like a slightly crazed topology to small ones like the absence of an editing function to the unreliable search mechanism, I can't really find much to say about this Community Forum that's positive or even hopeful. 

When was the last time this Forum was redesigned?  Or has it ever been redesigned?   I give it a big one-star for Major Fail.

0 Likes
Re: Why is this Forum so idiosyncratic, so poorly designed? (One star for Major Fail)
Ann154
Expert
Expert

This forum uses the Jive platform format which is used by quite a few other companies as well.

The post editing function is restricted to the first five minutes after the creation of the post.

The forum itself has been redesigned at least three times since 2011 which was when this forum switched from the Lithium platform to the Jive platform.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes