Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Why is this a Forum for customers when there should just be customer service department to help us???
OK0715

Wow, Verizon, this forum idea is so antiquated lol. Hire some Live Chat customer service people 24/7 already and welcome to 2021.

Re: Why is this a Forum for customers when there should just be customer service department to help us???
Doggo
Novice

A lot of issues can be resolved by searching things on Google, reading terms before signing up for anything and telling salesmen no.

Re: Why is this a Forum for customers when there should just be customer service department to help us???
jav6
Leader

@OK0715 wrote:

Wow, Verizon, this forum idea is so antiquated lol. Hire some Live Chat customer service people 24/7 already and welcome to 2021.

This may be antiquated, but primarily is a peer-to-peer Verizon Community Forum, with users sharing experiences with issues.  There are Verizon agents that monitor posts but are not always prompt.  If you want more 'live' responses, you might go to Verizon's social media sites on Facebook, Instagram, etc.  This isn't a Verizon technical support site.  If you have an issue, post a description.  Maybe someone here has experienced it as well and has a fix/solution.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
Charles30

I'm fairly new to smartphones. I was a flip phones customer for years on a minute plan with Verizon.

I have built a relation with a Verizon store where I purchased a smartphone. They have been a lot of help.

Just a suggestion.

Charles30

0 Likes
mama23dogs

I would say probably 50% of the questions that come up or what one would classify as dumb questions that could be resolved by asking someone who knows a little bit more about cell phones or Verizon.  

My experience trying to reach a human being at Verizon to get a long-distance plan added on my mothers line was so ridiculous that I can understand why contacting Verizon would be the last thing anyone would want to do.  And I thought AT&T was bad.   

1.  The most logical way was to log into my account and add an international long-distance plan on my mothers line. It looks like it was going to be a slam dunk asked me where the long distance call was going to, Saint kits nevus, great which line do you want to add this long distance plan to, I select my mothers line. Almost immediately it spits back “we ran into a problem please try again later”.  🤦‍♀️

2.  So I decided to try the Verizon chat through Verizon messages which usually works pretty well. They give you a link and ask you to log into your account, this also usually works very well. Not today I logged in using the link, it didn’t work it asked me to login again so after three or four times of going in the circle of logging in and not getting excepted I manually typed in the password. Then I got out went manually into my account somewhere else check to make sure that my password and information was correct, it is.    
I went back and complained through chat that their link was not working properly and they started sending me repeated text messages to reset my password. Very quickly you realize you’re talking to a bot because you tell them that your password works just fine it’s their link that’s broken. So that’s failure number 2.

3.  Which leads to number three, calling 611 and waiting on hold listening to Verizon‘s music for 40 minutes till I get a human being. After that it was pretty easy to add the plan to my mothers line, and also mention to them they have these two problems as I have mentioned above. Person I spoke with was nice enough to take down all the information and ask a couple of questions to be sure she understood what the problem was which gives me a lot of confidence that Verizon will fix it.   

but seriously isn’t the point of having an online system, so that people will use it and not call?.    Here I go, I never had this problem with AT&T. As terrible as their website and application are I always manage to login and get what I needed to do done.   
Come on big red!   Get it together!

acraftylady2

I sometimes find I get way better help on a product from other users that are tech savy.  Have used the android central forum for years and get great help from other users there.

Doggo
Novice

@mama23dogs 

That's an oof. Lemme share some insider info as an ex agent. The tools rarely worked and Verizon kept "updating' things for the worst. Imagine giving someone who repairs watches a rusted wrench instead of the precision tools they need to work.

They have this tool called "what-if" that's supposed to be a simple side by side to compare plans. Cool in theory until you realize discrepancies when going over things with a customer. It would often omit a discount and make us look like liars. Latest version before I left gave totals instead of an itemized break down for add-ons in the same useless fashion as their newer paper bills.

Self serve not working coupled with long queues was a mess. You'd get people like yourself you had the right idea, but couldn't because self serve wasn't working. It's the McDonald's soft serve machine as an app. Those annoying bots you mentioned, Verizon pushed that on agents to be "easier". Instead of going to familiar places, agents are now supposed to type into this bot and have it hopefully know what you are looking for.

Billion dollar company, coding from AliExpress. Couldn't stand the job anymore. It wasn't always rude customers, a good chunk of dissatisfaction was from Verizon itself.

mama23dogs

@Doggo wrote:

Billion dollar company, coding from AliExpress. Couldn't stand the job anymore. It wasn't always rude customers, a good chunk of dissatisfaction was from Verizon itself.

😂.    
Ouch!    That AliExpress comment!  
Im just shocked.  AT&T has so much wrong with it, but the website always worked.  

Doggo
Novice

If Big Red took away the money they have set aside from Marketing and invested it elsewhere, we'd have functioning self-serve tools instead of another unlimited plan. 😂

mama23dogs

@Doggo wrote:

If Big Red took away the money they have set aside from Marketing and invested it elsewhere, we'd have functioning self-serve tools instead of another unlimited plan. 😂

Stop talking common sense.  That will NEVER catch on.  😉😂