Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Why isn't there blogs for the Droid X2 and Droid 3?
DroidudeAZ
Novice

Thats it.....Both phones are important parts of Verizon's line up and have been out for a while......

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Why isn't there blogs for the Droid X2 and Droid 3?
Wildman
Community Leader
Community Leader

They placed all Droid X2 with Droid X an Droid 3 with the Droid 2 forums because the devices are almost simular to the previous version of the devices.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Wildman
Community Leader
Community Leader

They placed all Droid X2 with Droid X an Droid 3 with the Droid 2 forums because the devices are almost simular to the previous version of the devices.

0 Likes
DroidudeAZ
Novice

I can see the logic with the Droid X2 as it's similar to the outgoing X other than the dual core processor and higher res screen. The Droid 2 and D2 Global were facelifted versions of the original Motorola Droid, with higher clocked processors and better keyboards. All the hard points were the same as the OG Droid, especially under the back cover, battery placement, SD card etc. were nearly identical to the original Droid.

The Droid 3 isn't similar to the Droid 2, it's a completely new device. The phone is larger, slightly thinner and shares no part of its design with the D2. The screen, keyboard, guts, all of it are new. I think there should be a dedicated to the D3 for that reason. Just my humble opinion:smileyhappy:

0 Likes
DroidudeAZ
Novice

BTW, there are no threads in the Droid 2 community about the Droid 3......

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Most of the Droid 3 posts I have seen have been in the Other Android Devices forum, the DROID by Motorola forum or the Android Discussion forum. There might be one or two in the DROID 2 forum, but they are quite buried on another page by now.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
DroidudeAZ
Novice

I concur. I think a forum for the Droid 3 would be appropriate, since they're selling like hotcakes and it's an entirely different phone than the Droid 2. Thanks again for the correction Ann.

0 Likes
SimonD
Novice

Thanks for the suggestion everyone:

I'll share it with the team and also send it on to the appropriate departments!:smileyhappy:

0 Likes
Scur

And I don't think the X2 should be lumped in the the Droid X. Similar, yes. But they are different phones. They don't have the same ROM, thus they don't have the same issues or solutions. With these smartphones, they're either the same or they aren't. Similar doesn't factor into much of anything.

0 Likes