Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Why make logging in difficult?
dougienoname

I try to login, however I notice that there are two different logins that take you to two different pages.  The usual login all the way at the upper right doesn't have the "Sign in to community member profile" option.

Secondly, I try to reset my password and get an email that says:

"Your user account is controlled by an external system such as LDAP. Please contact your administrator."

How can I contact a system administrator at verizon?  How is that supposed to help me reset my password?

So, finally, I just created a different account.

0 Likes
Re: Why make logging in difficult?
Ann154
Expert
Expert

There are two different login types for the community forum. There is the login which is tied to your MyVerizon account online. The other option is a Community only ID. The forum itself is a forum software designed by another company but is hosted on this site.

I never use the login option in the top right corner of the website since I have a community only ID. Instead I prefer to use the main homepage for the community itself. http://community.verizonwireless.com

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Why make logging in difficult?
unlimited-data-forev1

I also only use the main homepage for the community itself: http://community.verizonwireless.com

Some how the site is not recognizing my password now and when I click to reset my password I get the following message by email:

1. -----------------------------------------
    "We have received a request from << IP address removed >> to reset your password. If you have requested to reset your password, please follow the instructions below. If you do not want to reset your password, disregard this message.

Your user account is controlled by an external system such as LDAP. Please contact your administrator."

-----------------------------------------

Who is this administrator that I need to contact and how to I get a hold of that team? I'm using a new account but I need to use my previous account since I've been contributing to conversations in the forum under by previous account.

Post edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes