Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
You should tell customers that it shows full name on posts when logged in.
gmopro1
Novice

Not sure why i see my full name in posts instead of profile name. That should be changed.

I know i am only one who sees my full name ,but that is stupid. IT should show me the profile name. Why do you do that? I dont like it.

Others question it too. Change to profile name. Every other site uses an alius and you see the alias and all others see the alias.  Weird.

1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: You should tell customers that it shows full name on posts when logged in.
Ann154
Expert
Expert

It is a function of the forum platform used by the Verizon Wireless Community. That platform is called Jive. As far as I know, all Jive based forums/communities will display the full name of the user to the user unless the user changes their profile privacy settings.  Other Jive based forums that I am aware of are T-Mobile, Sprint, Apple and Jive Community. There are thousands of other throughout the world, but those are the ones that comes to mind.

If it bothers you enough and your profile settings allow it you can change your "Full Name" to something else like a form of your username for example.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Sr. Leader

We don't see your name, we see your screen name/ user name gmopro1.

Ann154
Expert
Expert

It is a function of the forum platform used by the Verizon Wireless Community. That platform is called Jive. As far as I know, all Jive based forums/communities will display the full name of the user to the user unless the user changes their profile privacy settings.  Other Jive based forums that I am aware of are T-Mobile, Sprint, Apple and Jive Community. There are thousands of other throughout the world, but those are the ones that comes to mind.

If it bothers you enough and your profile settings allow it you can change your "Full Name" to something else like a form of your username for example.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
gmopro1
Novice

Thanks. The site should explain this though. Others have been alarmed by it also. Should let customers know.

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE Smartphone

0 Likes
gmopro1
Novice

Also, please let me know how to change my full name. This doesnt seem to be that easy. Thanks.

0 Likes
gmopro1
Novice

Nevermind. I figured it out!

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

More about the username display function from Jive. https://community.jivesoftware.com/ideas/5906

0 Likes
gmopro1
Novice

Changed name. I will have to live with this, but still should have information on the site about why we see our full name on posts.  You guys can do what you want, but the right thing is to let customers know on the site so we dont have to spend time asking about it.

0 Likes
Snn5
Sr. Leader

I cannot believe this is that serious of an issue.  When you look around at other users' names, do you really think those are their real names?  Do you believe my name is Snn5?

0 Likes
gmopro1
Novice

Excuse me? what are you talking about?  I am only concerned with my real name showing. What are u talking about with your That Guy statement. That wouldnt matter.  Only concern was that my real name showed and Verizon should let us know that our real name does not show to others. What i said is good information. I have found other customers that asked the same thing i did!  My recommendation is good.

0 Likes