Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
grandfathered unlimited data plan
mjwoody1

Hello,

If you are in the boat as me where they are doing away the grandfathered unlimited data.

My suggestion is to email the Attorney General in your state, mine is Massachusetts

And they sent me a letter saying if they received enough complaints, they would start an investigation about having everybody having smart phones now and Verizon knows that by unilateral changing the would make a bundle of money!

So please email you state's attorney general and hopefully they would stop them

Thanks

Mike or Woody

Re: grandfathered unlimited data plan
Ann154
Expert
Expert

A blog post in the Community Suggestion space isn't going to help you reach the most customers.

As for the unlimited data plan, it hasn't been available for new customers for almost two years (early July 2011).  Existing customers haven't been able to keep it when purchasing a subsidized phone since June 28, 2012.  You can keep the unlimited data IF you purchase a phone at full retail price or bring your own phone.

Also if you think you will get unlimited data at another carrier, you better do your research before switching.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
rosasgun

There has to be a way to figure this out!! I have been giving my money to Verizon for 6 yrs now and been on the same plan for the same 6 years!!! Its total BS that I am forced to change/limit my plan if I wish to pay even more money to upgrade. Sprint does offer unlimited everything BTW! Customer gurantee my foot!

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Customer guarantee my foot???!!! I guess I missed the guarantee which said plans/prices would not change throughout your lifetime.