Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
horrible site speed
mdram4x4
Leader

can someone esplain why the site is so slow? there are times its ok, then other times i cannot get posts to load.

software?

im sitting on a t1, so bandwidth is not the issue.

one post will load, next wont.  its very random. 

is this perhaps the worst forum software ever? never have this issue with vbulliten, php, ect.  just vzw pages.

its been ongoing ever since ive started viewing the pages, diff computers, logged in logged out ect.

0 Likes
Re: horrible site speed
JenniferM
Novice

Hi mdram4x4,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing slowness with the site.  I will pass your information on, but in the meantime, you could try a couple of things.  Trying clearing your cache.  If you use add-ons in Firefox, you may want to try Adblock Plus to block the ads from loading. Also, you can try turning off the Twitter stream.  To do that, you can go to My Settings>Social Connect.

Hope this helps,

Jennifer

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Leader

its nothing to do with a browser.  i get the same thing in firefox(with adblock plus and without) and ie

different computers, this one is a fairly fresh format.

imho its got to be a board software issue, as this is the only board i have any problems with

0 Likes
Coffeemug

I agree...  Verizon's website has to be on one of the slowest servers known to man.

Try making a quick payment via the web! Go perk some coffee while your waiting.

0 Likes
rastybob

This speed is as bad as AOL dial up 15 years ago.

0 Likes
budone
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Log in, go to the HOME tab and bookmark THAT page for logging in. When you log in afterwards you are taken directly to the page that is most useful and you do not have to suffer through the page with all the splash screen attempting to load. 

Also, if you have not noticed the Verizonwireless.com login screen is Not secure, while logging in directly into the HOME tab is secure.

0 Likes