Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
search capability
rukidding

Surface the search capability in the forum earlier.

Most times I am looking for somthing its because I dont know what YOU call it. so there for I probably dont know what section to go in and search.

Put search in the root of forums and allow a search of a forum or multiple forums.

Make senes?

0 Likes
Re: search capability
budone
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

rukidding wrote:

Surface the search capability in the forum earlier.

Most times I am looking for somthing its because I dont know what YOU call it. so there for I probably dont know what section to go in and search.

Put search in the root of forums and allow a search of a forum or multiple forums.

Make senes?

To search multiple forums, choose, 'Community' from the pull-down menu when searching

0 Likes
Isadora
Novice

Hi rukidding,

Budone is right -- the drop down menu right next to the search button offers the ability to perform a search of the entire community, a specific category, a board, or you can search just for a user. Hope this helps.:smileyhappy:

0 Likes
Bernie157
Novice

As someone who has used many BBS's, forums, boards, and communities over the years, I don't understand the terms board and community -- esp. when searching -- used here.

I also don't know what part of this community to post about accessories -- probably general cell phones, etc.???

Bernie

0 Likes
budone
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

On here if seou are searching a board, you are searching in  the current section you are in . The Community you are searching all sections.

0 Likes
SimonD
Novice

Bernie157 wrote:

As someone who has used many BBS's, forums, boards, and communities over the years, I don't understand the terms board and community -- esp. when searching -- used here.

I also don't know what part of this community to post about accessories -- probably general cell phones, etc.???

Bernie

Hi Bernie157

As Budone stated, "Community" refers to the entire forum.

Right now you posted in the "Suggestions for this community" board. Category is the section where several boards are found. In the "Suggestions for this community" board's case, the category is called Verizon Wireless Community.

Hope this answers your question! :smileywink:

0 Likes