Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sign out yields bad gateway connection
ddokoto

I signed into the verizon community.

When I signed out, I got the following page...

-------

Bad Gateway

Processing of this request was delegated to a server that is not functioning properly.

---------

Be that as it may, the signout appears to have still happened.   I used Firefox 56.0 on a mac.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: sign out yields bad gateway connection
tikibar1
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

That's happened to me (more than once) using Chrome; if I clear the browser's cache/cookies, it stops the error for a while.

0 Likes
Ann154
MVP MVP
MVP

I had the same error on my phone with Chrome recently.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jav6

I get this same 'Bad Gateway' page when signing out and using Microsoft Edge browser.  Annoying, not knowing for sure if the sign-out was successful or what the page is doing.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We understand the importance of ensuring you are able to log and view the different forums online. When did you start seeing this error when signing out? Do you receive this error every time you sign out of the Verizon Community? Have you attempted to clear the cache and cookies from your internet browser?

Thank You,

MichelleS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jav6

I've encountered this using several different browsers (MS Edge, Chrome, Firefox, IE) on my PC since I've become more active on the forum after retiring at the end of 2015.  I didn't think of it as a security issue, just annoying.  I would think you/someone should be able to replicate it easily.

0 Likes
jav6

It appears that the 'Bad Gateway' issue occurs when SIGN OUT is selected when on the Verizon Community Forum page, but not when on the My Verizon page.  At least for me.  Since both SIGN OUT links use the same address, https://community.verizonwireless.com/logout.jspa  there must be something wrong there.

0 Likes
yarelim_vzw
Verizon Employee

That is definitely not how we want our Community page to respond when signing out.  I have lifted this issue to our platform team to correct. 

We appreciate your patience.

yarelim_vzw

0 Likes