Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
verizon should
mdram4x4
Leader

use this board more.

they should post annoncements more often to upcoming phones/updates

there are rumors of new phone coming out in the next month, but nothing official

give people more of an idea when updates are coming out

post outages

in other words

Communicate more with your subscribers.  We would welcome it

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: verizon should
RoyB_VZW

Hi JU2Travel, 

Thanks for your feedback. We do in fact listen to and appreciate the recommendations we receive from our customers. We do our best to meet the demands and expectations our clientele has of us, and we do understand the needs and desires for new equipment. Verizon Wireless strives to meet these expectations and provide a variety of quality handsets, with many different operating systems. Although we are not always the first to release a specific model, we remain competitive and put all devices through extensive testing before release. 

Thanks again for your feedback and we ask that you continue to share your thoughts and concerns. We truly do care and work tirelessly to retain our position as the leading wireless provider in the country.

Sincerely, 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
MVP MVP
MVP
I would say I mostly agree with you. When official updates and phone announcements are made for the public are good ideas. I am fairly sure announcements about rumors devices are not allowed if the employees want to keep their jobs.

Such announcements should go in the Announcements section or in the individual device forum.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Leader

i didnt mean to inply that they post rumors, but they should really give more notice to things

it seems there usually less then a week for most releases.  the iphone was diff as they had pre-release and then release

vzw just needs to work on its communications with its customers, and these forums present a great place to do that

0 Likes
Ann154
MVP MVP
MVP
The official press releases for phones come from corporate. More often than not, the announcement comes one to two days before release. The iPhone was the exception and not the rule. In a big corporation like Verizon, most employees don't know things are coming until the same time as the rest of us.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
TBhouston

twitter. It is easier to reach more people and a better medium than a forum for fluid information transfer

@ VZWSupport

@verizonwireless

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

mdram4x4 wrote:
... vzw just needs to work on its communications with its customers, and these forums present a great place to do that

I heartily agree - Twitter AND these forums together present a oppotunity for Verizon to get the word out about upcoming devices, plan changes, promotional offers - the platform is here and just needs to be used more effectively! 

I've learned a bunch from these boards, but there are still things Verizon does with it's plans and requirements with little to no advance warning/notice and it throws everyone for a loop...

0 Likes
Ann154
MVP MVP
MVP
Such announcements most definitely need to be in more locations than Twitter. I never use it and rarely view the twitter's website. Usually for only one company and that one isn't Verizon. Same way with Facebook. I may be connected to the web, but I have chosen limits to those connections. I also know many people who don't use the Internet, email or some combination of that.

I do agree with the idea, how to make it work is fuzzy.

0 Likes
budone
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

It was suggested a while ago for an outage board that only VZW employees can post on.

They would post the outage, area, and then when it was no longer an issue. No one else could add to the posts. It never made it past, "Great Idea"

0 Likes
Ann154
MVP MVP
MVP
That Outage Board could have come in HANDY recently...

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Leader

Ann154 wrote:
Such announcements most definitely need to be in more locations than Twitter. I never use it and rarely view the twitter's website. Usually for only one company and that one isn't Verizon. Same way with Facebook. I may be connected to the web, but I have chosen limits to those connections. I also know many people who don't use the Internet, email or some combination of that.

I do agree with the idea, how to make it work is fuzzy.

i avoid twitter, facebook, myspace, ect.  anything thats social networking, too much malware

im really just saying vzw needs to learn better communication skills, and this forum is a great place to start

0 Likes