Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
why does my real name appear instead of my screen name?
Zaffer

Hi,

I am seeing my real name on posts instead of my screen name?  How do I make just my screen name appear on my posts?  Thanks.

Zaffer

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: why does my real name appear instead of my screen name?
Ann154
Expert
Expert

I see "Zaffer" for your username. If you log out and view your post and community profile, you will see what we see.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

Ann154
Expert
Expert

I see "Zaffer" for your username. If you log out and view your post and community profile, you will see what we see.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

GeorgeCT
Novice

Zaffer wrote:

Hi,

I am seeing my real name on posts instead of my screen name?  How do I make just my screen name appear on my posts?  Thanks.

Zaffer

It only shows that way to you (which is stupid).

If you sign out and view your post, you'll see your screen name the way we see it.

(Verzion, this is confusing to people and your screen name should be your screen name no matter if your are signed in or not).

GeorgeCT
Novice

Ann154 wrote:

Jinx

tikibar1
MVP MVP
MVP

You see your real name while you're logged in; the rest of us see the user name Zaffer.  You can confirm this by logging out and then looking at your posts.

tikibar1
MVP MVP
MVP

Talk about being ninja'd! 

Ann154
Expert
Expert

It is how it is programmed in the Jive platform that Verizon Wireless uses for their forum. It is same across most Jive platform based forums I have encountered.

would that be your assessment too?

0 Likes
21stNow

In the past, I noticed the same behavior on T-Mobile's and VZW's forums if you used the mobile versions.  Only the person logged in sees his/her real name; everyone else sees the username. The desktop version showed my screen name even if I am logged in.

An update to T-Mobile's forums did something weird that many of us didn't like.  Our real names did appear on the desktop version (only to me; not to everyone else).  What was worse is that there were some threads that we started that showed the poster's real name on the email notifications.  I saw VZW experimenting with an update that looked similar to the T-Mobile update a few weeks ago. 

I hope that the same thing doesn't occur here with real names being displayed.  I resolved it by changing my real name to 21st Now on T-Mobile's forum and may do the same thing here, since the change occurs with no warning.

Ann154
Expert
Expert

There is a privacy setting here to prevent your real name from being exposed in the email notifications. To be on the safe side, I too changed my full name on the community to what "RicoLX" used to call me in that other forum I occasionally pop into.

0 Likes
GeorgeCT
Novice

Ann154 wrote:

GeorgeCT

It is how it is programmed in the Jive platform that Verizon Wireless uses for their forum. It is same across most Jive platform based forums I have encountered.

21stNow would that be your assessment too?

Ann154...I've never used a "Jive" platform message board.  Every message board I've used always used your screen/member name no matter what.

Some would indicate you're logged in by using a green dot next to your name.  Some would show no indication unless you need to sign in to post.

I just don't see the point of you seeing your real name and members seeing your screen name.  It would be more uniform if everyone including yourself saw your screen/member name.

0 Likes