Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
why is posting only available from a topic
avnirani

Why do I have to navigate to a topic before I see the 'I Want To' options.

Why is 'I Want To' the only way to post?

The only option in I Want To is 'Ask a Question'  - Why isn't 'Start a Discussion' an option?

I almost posted my angry rant about the new bill as a question (on second thought, maybe I should have) because figuring out how to post here was so frustrating.

Re: why is posting only available from a topic
Ann154
Expert
Expert

They used to allow people to post straight to the community top level or under the individual username of member. Unfortunately then no one could ever find those discussion threads especially the VZW reps. Which meant those threads went unanswered or have any replies. It was an absolute mess to find and deal with those threads. The point of navigating to a topic space first is to ensure that member locates the best space for where they are going to get the most and best replies to their questions about their devices or services. Even then there are dozens of threads daily that are needing to be moved to a more appropriate space so it fits the topic of the post to the community topic space.

Most users are here to ask questions which is why the option is to "Ask a question". You can always uncheck the question box in the create post screen to make the thread a discussion. However you should be aware that marking a thread as a discussion will GUARANTEE that the VZW reps will never see the post. If you want a VZW rep to reply eventually, the thread needs to be marked as a question before you complete the creation of the post.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

CARGRO16

I would like to post a new topic but am unable.

0 Likes
jav6
Leader

It is highly unlikely your new topic doesn't fall into already established topics.  What is it you want to post?  If you pick one and post, a forum moderator might move it to a more appropriate topic if appropriate.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes