1.6.2. Update fixes all cables and spliters in your house. It is a miracle!
theos2
Enthusiast - Level 3

I and many others in this forum had been advised to change wiring, replace splitters, etc to fix the issues the 7XXX series receivers were having.  I am proud to report that as of this morning, the update has fixed all my wires and splitters and I no longer need to replace them.

Thank you.

Re: 1.6.2. Update fixes all cables and spliters in your house. It is a miracle!
chinorider
Enthusiast - Level 3
That is a classic post.  I am glad to know I don't need to spend $$ fixing my cables !!!   ;-}
0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@theos2 wrote:

I and many others in this forum had been advised to change wiring, replace splitters, etc to fix the issues the 7XXX series receivers were having.  I am proud to report that as of this morning, the update has fixed all my wires and splitters and I no longer need to replace them.

Thank you.

Cool post. But the CSRs to their defense must ask to check everything when there is an issue. Some of the issues they do solve. And at times there are cable problems with connections. Splitters very rare. Hey does 1.6.2 also provide the coming soon .TV channels? Dinner is late, and I need a new recipe from the recipe.tv channel.Smiley Happy
Message Edited by prisaz on 03-24-2009 06:44 PM
0 Likes
Joe01880
Contributor - Level 1

Its just not CSR's, i have had techs at my house and supervisors over the phone feed me those same lines; And a little software update and **POOF** problems that had people scratching there heads are gone.

The tech before last that was here tells me, "you installed a splitter thats not our equipment" so he procededs to check signal at all locations through out my home. ( the splitter i installed was right behind my TV and i told him that ahead of time) He replaces the splitter and tells me that will take care of my problem, of course he replaced the STB too.

A few days later i get around to turning on my TV in my bedroom, it doesnt work, i have to have Verizon come back (that wasnt the STB he replaced) the next guy comes out and finds the previous tech hooked up the wrong cable to a four way splitter  and thats why my bedroom TV didnt work.

So much for service, quality and workmanship from the top down!

Message Edited by Joe01880 on 03-24-2009 07:19 PM
0 Likes
FloridaFiOS
Enthusiast - Level 2

@theos2 wrote:

Thank you.

An EXCELLENT post (Kudos)!

I wouldn't blame the CSRs either - but do you REALLY have to be an expert to figure out that it's NOT your wiring when you tell others that your service was running great over the last couple of months and the problem appeared just recently AND you didn't change your equipment in the meantime? I would say NO! At least my common sense tells me so...

I'm always happy to get help when facing a technical problem, but please use common sense before urging people to senseless (and costly) actions like ripping wires out of the wall - wires that worked perfectly last week and the year before...

0 Likes
theos2
Enthusiast - Level 3

If a reboot fix, you must acquit (the customer)

0 Likes
wilmepe
Enthusiast - Level 2
Truly a miracle!!! Hopefully it fixed my HDMI switcher also.
0 Likes