Re: 1.9 dvr playback issue
djctay1

having same issue- Is the only solution to get new boxes?

0 Likes
JeffJeff1

Same exact issue.  Seems like 10 to 20% of the programs recorded have issues when trying to play back.  Been frustrating the wife and I since they did the latest menu upgrade a few months back.  Have dreaded calling on it since it is always an hour on the phone, reset you box, etc.  but finally hit the point of frustration tonight when a show quit playing back with 20 minutes left.  

After an hour on the phone and resetting my DVR, Verizon rep told me to call my local Verizon store and exchange the box after all the resets did not work.  Said she didn't want to ship a new box since I would likely get a refurb which would have same issue. Not sure if I will be staying with Verizon after this experience.

0 Likes
BurtReynolds
Contributor - Level 1

Same issue here with an ancient 6416.  I am just going to try and go to the store today and take care of this thing.  This box can't handle the new IMG and isn't even reliable for DVR playback.  Common sense would lead you to think they'd swap it out if they care about customer service, but this is Verizon...

0 Likes