2 issues.
romanom
Enthusiast - Level 2

Issue #1:

Since IMG 1.6 picture quality has deteriorate a little bit, it is noticeable.  The video is softer and colors are not produced as accurately, IMO.  I've noticed this posted before on this forum.  Before 1.6 the picture in SD was great, HD was stunning, not so much anymore.  Whatever changes where made to the firmware in signal handling was a step backward.  The other changes, like favorites and the guide are an improvement.  

Issue #2:

With Live TV and only on certain HD channels, specifically 618 (Fox HD), 622 (NatGeo) and on occasion 620 (Discovery HD) and 625 (Smithsonian). It seems to be an issue with the DVR function, because when it stutters I can clear it by hitting the Fios (live TV) button. It's as if the DVR hard-drive isn't keeping up with the live signal. I've noticed that if I hit the Fios button on the remote during live TV it will skip about 4-5 seconds ahead, which suggests to me that the DVR hard-drive is delaying the live signal to the TV by quite a bit. On occasion this delay gets "messed up," which manifests itself as a skip, stutter or momentary break up of the image. It's only really bad on channel 618, where it can completely freeze or stutter a lot. Oddly I have had no issues with recorded shows, just live TV. It never happens on any of the SD channels, including the SD channel equivalents of the HD channels mentioned above. It also never happens on the my HD (non-DVR) box or SD box I strongly suspected that either the DVR hard-drive or operating firmware is the cause. I was going to call and have it replaced, but given other people's issues I suspect it's a design flaw in the hardware or software, probably the software since it seems to manifest itself differently under different applications. It's not Vista based is itSmiley Tongue I have a QIP6416-2 STB hocked up to the TV with an HDMI cable (Verizon supplied) with the latest 1.6 firmware.

Re: 2 issues.
DerekB
Enthusiast - Level 3
Issue #1 is a known issue and will be resolved when Verizon begins to rollout IMG 1.6.1 in November.  Not sure about Issue #2 though.
0 Likes
Re: 2 issues.
matcarl
Master - Level 1
Where did you get that release number and month? Verizon is working on it, no time frame to fix it.
0 Likes