3D Channels Outside of New York City
Silo2

So far, of the three 3D offerings that Verizon has put out, two of them have only been for the New York Metropolitan area.  Apparently only people in New York have the abiltiy to buy 3D televisons.  Verizon, people outside of New York have 3D TV setups!!!!!!!     When are we getting the opportunity to see what you have to offer?  I keep checking daily for news on ESPN 3D getting placed on the FIOS lineup before the college football season which starts in just a few weeks.  I still have not given up on that happening before the season is over!   But seriously, I would love to actually have a channel to watch other than a Robin Leach knockoff in 3d (which the quality by the way is great).
)   

0 Likes
Re: 3D Channels Outside of New York City
pclark1

I agree this is getting really disappointing. So far Verizon has carried no 3d content in my area. Why not show the football game anywhere on a 3d channel? Also Verizon is not showing the PGA Championship in 3d and once again Comcast is, come on Verizon. I switched to FIOS because Comcast was not working well for me but ever since then Comcast has trumped or matched Verizon in every area. Well only six more months to go and I will need to make a decision to stay or switch back. Verizon just seems to have peaked and now headed downward while Comcast is starting to come alive. This sucks.

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

The Mariners-Yankees game was available in Both teams home areas.  And it was not produced by FIOS just picked up by them.  DirecTv's "N3D powered by Panasonic" were the main producers in cooperation with the Yankees YES network, the Mariner's and MBL.

Its not clear in the announced NFL game who else is going to be involved in Producing this broadcast. At a minimum it has to be the NFL, the Giants and the Patriots.  And of again its going to be available in areas in both teams home areas.  Also not clear if anyone but FIOS will be allowed to carry it.  For the Baseball game several cable companies and FIOS were allowed to carry DirecTV's broadcast.

0 Likes
MissHeather1

What are the 3D channels available now from Verizon????

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

There are no 3D channels currently offered by Verizon.  Only individual games have been done. So far I think the total is 3 games have been in 3D so far. The reason that Verizon only carried 2 of those in the NYC area was because the channel only offered it in that area. Contractual issues. Verizon announced that they will be carrying a few 3D channels but only said they would be available in time for the Christmas shopping season. My guess would be that we wont see any of the channels before November or so.

0 Likes
rumorman

what are the 3D channel numbers in the Baqltimore area?

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

At this time their are 2 FIOS 3d channels, one only for special events.

ESPN 3d 1002

FIOS 3D 1003

0 Likes