ABC/Newport Television line-up
grammiz
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why hasn't Verizon signed the contracts with Newport Television to enable Fios' valuable customers to continue viewing the channels affiliated with them? I think it is ridiculous that companies have to take these *** moves just to prove a point.  I have expressed these same concerns with Newport Television. Corporate America is making it very difficult for the little people to even have anything. It is unconscionable that large corporations need to make sure that the "BIG WIGs" make all the money and the small consumers have barely enough to live on.  Hello is anyone going to take the time to answer my questions or is there another way to contact Verizon and express my concerns. I switched to Verizon Fios based on multiple recommendations and now I am beginning to wonder if it was the right choice to make. Verizon can show me and all other concerned consumers that you really do care about us in the end by resolving the issue with Newport Television tonight so that we don't have to go the long HOLIDAY weekend without having access to them.  Will our rates go down now that we don't have the full line-up we signed up for?  Bring back ABC/Newport Television line-up back soon!!!

Labels (2)
Re: ABC/Newport Television line-up
tns
Master - Level 2

My opinion is different.

Almost all of these OTA channels that ask for money before allowing rebroadcast should be put on a diet.  Being on the various cable/Satellite just increases their viewership and revenue.  The only amount they should be allowed to ask for is to cover whatever extra cost they have to deliver their signal to the other companies for rebroadcast.  My reading of the original laws that allow them to ask for money shows that as the intent of the fees.

0 Likes