Accessing DVR programming from mobile phone
harveyb
I received a message on my DVR that it was now possible to program my DVR from my mobile phone.  Does anyone know the url needed to do this?  Thanks
0 Likes
Re: Accessing DVR programming from mobile phone
SQUIDWARD360
Enthusiast - Level 2
m.verizon.com
0 Likes
harveyb

Thanks for your help. It doesn't seem to work right from my AT&T blackberry, even though the message indicated it would work from any web enable phone.  I'm thinking the URL may be different for non-Verizon service phones.  Do you ever use it successfully?

0 Likes
DzWR
Contributor - Level 1

Last I heard the only phones supported for that service, at this time, are:

LG CHOCOLATE2
LG EnV
LG Voyager

They are adding these shortly:

Motorola – RAZR v3m1, RAZR 2v9m11, KRZR, RAZR Maxx Ve
LG – 8600, 8700,8800,9100, VX-8500 Chocolate1
Samsung – SCH-a990

And yes, they are planning to add more in the future as well.  Also, the post Justin made yesterday, that everyone can now use the remote dvr from the web -- you can only use the wireless (cell phone) remote dvr if you have still signed up with the MRDVR service.  I confirmed that this morning.

0 Likes
SQUIDWARD360
Enthusiast - Level 2
The website should work for anyone.  But you still need the MR DVR service to use it.
0 Likes
blegs38552
Contributor - Level 1

Let me preface this by saying that I was a beta tester for this, and was able to program my STBs from my Motorola RAZA VE-20 Sprint phone during the test period. When I received the message on my STB saying that this is now available for ANY (upper case - Verizon's), I call customer support to arrange for it to be added to my account.

First they has to add Multi-Room DVR to one of my DVR STBs for $7.00 a month. I authorized this and was connected to tech support to complete the process. I identified the DVR (I have 2) and they upgraded it. The upgrade was successful - I can see the recorded programs from a non DVR box, and I now had the Media Manager Capability.

I logged into m.veriozn.com/tv as directed, but, while I could see me STBs, I was not given the option to record programs. I went to the FIOS web site and attempted to enter the cell phone number for the STB which had the Multi-Room DVR capability but was told that the box was not eligible from premium content (some something like that).

It was at this point that the tech support technician told me that only a few phones were eligible for the service, and that mine was not one of them. I pointed out that the message on the STB said ANY cell phone. He said that this appeared to be incorrect. As of this posting, the message has not changed.

ATTN: VERIZON - if you are looking at these messages, could you please tell us when this feature will be available for all Cell Phones and providers (not just Verizon Wireless). If this is not iminent, please take the message down intil such time that it is available.

0 Likes
harveyb
Thank you everyone for your help.  The features does work with my web-enabled AT&T blackberry.  I had to input my mobile number on the web site and then it permitted me to set up a recording using my mobile phone.
0 Likes
vinnyv07
Contributor - Level 1

I received the message that DVR programming is now available for ALL phones. So I went to the website (I set up the DVR programming via a computer already) and I clicked on Mobile Remote DVR. The supported devices that are listed on the website are the same three that have been listed for months. It says....

"Download FiOS TV Remote DVR using your Verizon Wireless handset. From your mobile phone, navigate to "Get it Now - Tools on the Go" or "Media Center - Browse and Demand." Search for FiOS TV Remote DVR and press OK to download the application.
Once you have successfully downloaded the application, you will need to register your mobile phone."
So I went to Get it Now and the program wasn't there to download so I guess it is not ready for all phones yet. I do have Verizon service so unless I am doing something wrong it the service isn't ready.
0 Likes
chalewa4bambu
Enthusiast - Level 3
works great from my vzw curve.
0 Likes
VAFiosTech
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is on the website http://fioshelp.verizon.com

I found it just looking around on there, hope it help any with any questions. 

Questions about Remote DVR?

The Remote DVR service lets you manage your DVR from a web site. With Remote DVR, you can:
  • Schedule a recording
  • Cancel a recording
  • Manage your Favorite channel lists
  • Manage your Video On Demand Bookmarks
  • Access FiOS TV Parental Controls

What is the difference between Remote DVR and Mobile Remote DVR?

Remote DVR lets you control your DVR from any Internet-connected computer. Mobile Remote DVR lets you manage your DVR through any wireless phone with Internet capability.

What are the requirements for using Remote DVR or Mobile Remote DVR?Service Requirements Remote DVR You must be a FiOS TV subscriber and have a Verizon-provided DVR. Mobile Remote DVR You must be a Verizon Home Media DVR subscriber and have a  wireless phone capable of accessing the Internet.

Are there added fees to use Remote DVR or Mobile Remote DVR?
There are no add-on fees on top of the fees you already pay as part of your regular FiOS TV service or Wireless phone plan.

How do I set up Remote DVR or Mobile Remote DVR?
Follow the setup procedure on the FiOS TV Central web site. The activation process generally takes between 24-48 hours to complete.

What is the mobile web site for Mobile Remote DVR?
From your Internet-connected wireless phone, go to http://m.verizon.com/tv and create a bookmark in your mobile web browser.

Can I use Mobile Remote DVR even if my phone is not a Verizon phone?
Mobile Remote DVR doesn't require that you use a Verizon phone.

Can I use the Remote DVR service if my DVR is not one that was provided by Verizon?
You must use a Verizon-provided DVR to use the Remote DVR service.
0 Likes