Re: Add Longhorn Network to Fios offering
Tested
Enthusiast - Level 3
You can switch to anyone you want and it won't matter: No cable or satellite company has signed up to carry the Longhorn Network. Unless they have some enormous surprise announcement to make this week, that channel will launch with zero subscribers on Friday. Bottom line: don't blame Fios.
rindworld
Enthusiast - Level 1

I can tell Verizon right now that if you are in negotiations with ESPN/Longhorn Network that if it shows up on my lineup and my bill goes up one dime then I will switch carriers...you can hear me now or listen to me later...too many other options out there...plus my bill has crept up slowly over the 8 years that I have subscribed to your service...tell ESPN to include ESPN Classic instead...appeals to many more viewers...thank you for your forum...

tombuktu1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been a loyal subscriber to Verizon Fios TV, Internet, and Home Phone services since they became available in my area as well.  I have been extremely happy with the service the entire time.  There are numerous programs that I never watch but don't mind paying for as part of the package content I subscribe to.  All that being said if I as a Texan and Dallas area resident will be paying for someone else to be able to watch the Longhorn Network I will find a new provider.

The Longhorn Network should not be a part of any basic or extended tier regardless of what network it is affiliated with.  If Longhorn fans want to watch the Longhorn Network they can pay for it themselves.  There are far more people who don't like the Longhorns than there are those that do.  If my alma mater had it's own network I would happily pay for it myself and not expect others to pitch in money for me to watch it.

Thank you,

Satisfied Customer (for the time being)

0 Likes
AlamoZ
Enthusiast - Level 1

Mike,

My household is not interested in the Longhorn Network whatsoever.  In fact, we refuse to support this product due to inappropriateness of ESPN's relationship with the University of Texas.   Alumni of other schools shoul not be forced to pay a single penny for this product.  

WIth that said, I love Verizon, but I will shop for other carriers and move both by cable and internet if needed to those who do not carry LHN.   

Sincerely,  

John 

schwab2
Enthusiast - Level 1

It is a joke that the Longhorn network is even is discussions to be on any tier and not a stand alone channel.  For those who want it, why would you have an issue with paying extra just so you can have it?  Why would you think that anyone else would want "your" school's sports?  I get that there are other channels that no one really watches, but they have more of a broad appeal - there are people all over the country who watch them.  As for the LHN, it is only one fanbase who would remotely care about it, it should be forced onto everyone.  No one should be forced to pay for some school to get richer.

As for the Big 10 network, it covers 12 schools and has at least 3 games every weekend.  You are talking about over 30 games a year of just football.  The LHN?  1 for sure, possibly a second.  What a joke.  No one wants to pay to watch UT womens soccer...it has as much appeal as a 3 AM infomercial.  I live in Texas FWIW, and if I see this on my bill, I am dropping Verizon immediately.  There is a reason no other provider has agreed to this channel - because people do not want to pay anything for it.  It adds nothing of interests outside of hardcore UT fans, and even those are very limited.  I do not have an issue if you charge UT fans an extra costs for the channel, and that will show you how few people actually have an interest in it.  There are more people in TX who would drop service through Verizon if you forced it on us than add service to get the LHN.

MiMeQu21
Contributor - Level 3

Let the debate begin on what channel gets moved to a different tier to make room or whether our bills will increase!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/football/ncaa/08/25/longhorn-network.ap/index.html?sct=cf_t2_a...

0 Likes
Country102

Please sign me up !!!

0 Likes
HornDog

THANK YOU VERIZON - Hook'em Horns!

0 Likes
dgrev317
Enthusiast - Level 1
As stated in some of the above post - if I am charged ANY money for the addition of this network, I will take my business and $180 a month elsewhere.
longhornchannel

I would like to add the "Longhorn Network" to my account.  Thanks!

0 Likes