Re: Amazon Firesticks not working
koolbreeze711
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sounds like my story to the tee.  have a few days left with Verizon before my 30 days are up, but have to figure out how to go back to Xfinity

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have any of you gone into router to change the 5g channel? Could be some nearby interference messing things up on that channel. Also please try the Vudu speed test with the stick. Any other speed test wont reflect the direct issue with the Fiirestic.

hellion1
Enthusiast - Level 1

changed batteries, unplugged and replugged router and firestick.  won't let me access any programing

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@hellion wrote:

changed batteries, unplugged and replugged router and firestick.  won't let me access any programing

Does the Firestick get assigned an IP address from the router and does it have internet access? Could be an IP conflict if not, and that would cause the issue. Also try changing the 5Ghz channel on the router form auto to 157.

Lrgross50

Same problem.  I switched to FIOS last week and my Fire Stick went dead.  I changed batteries, rebooted, nothing helped.  I have YouTube TV, so it’s not like I don’t have enough to watch, but I found it puzzling.  Does ROKU have the same problem?

0 Likes
LachesisV

My girlfriend is going through the same.  She has the 300 mbps internet service and her Fire Stick lags; she's lucky if mkst apps open in 5 mins; some apps like Netflix have no problem; ESPN app doesn't open at all.  We've tried everything.  We founs out the best 5G wifi she gets is when the following changes are made: 1) Channel 36, 40 mhz for 5G; 2) 6G disconnected.  With these settings, she gets 305 mbps on 5G with the Fire Stick time and again but still it lags and apps don't open; any changes made will severely decrease 5G wifi.  2.4G works perfectly for laptop, thermostat, etc.  Verizon customer service didn't help, they were just pushing us to buy more speed.  We really have no idea what to do.

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@LachesisV wrote:

My girlfriend is going through the same.  She has the 300 mbps internet service and her Fire Stick lags; she's lucky if mkst apps open in 5 mins; some apps like Netflix have no problem; ESPN app doesn't open at all.  We've tried everything.  We founs out the best 5G wifi she gets is when the following changes are made: 1) Channel 36, 40 mhz for 5G; 2) 6G disconnected.  With these settings, she gets 305 mbps on 5G with the Fire Stick time and again but still it lags and apps don't open; any changes made will severely decrease 5G wifi.  2.4G works perfectly for laptop, thermostat, etc.  Verizon customer service didn't help, they were just pushing us to buy more speed.  We really have no idea what to do.

I know there was a recent fix for the Firestick that should be out soon. Don't know if this issue is also resolved.

LachesisV

Thanks for the response.  Unfortunately, nobody at Verizon via online or at physical stores are able to help us.  As mentioned above, we have tried everything.  Everything on the Fire Stick and adjustments to the Vsrizon router re channels, width of wifi coversge, 6G, etc.  We have no choice but to get her a Roku or Apple TV and hope either works.  The 300 mbps internet option should be enough to stream 1080p movies, and my girlfriend's move to Verizon from Xfinity was to cut her outrageous internet bill.  

0 Likes
Sunshine930

I have the same issue and it's crazy.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes