Attn Verizon: Please do something about The Weather Channel
tylert120
Hello!

I've been a FiOS TV customer here in suburban Pittsburgh for over a half-year now, and the experience has been nothing short of great! Better picture quality, no downtime, more channels, lower price, etc. However, I have one gripe (and from what I've read elsewhere on the net, several others agree).

See, when I had Comcast (man, what a pain in a but they were!), our weather on TWC was, well, LOCAL, and truly local. Nothing more, nothing less. See, I'm in Penn Hills, and on TWC with Comcast, all the weather info was Penn Hills-oriented, current conditions, forecasts, etc. Now, with FiOS, it's all for Downtown Pittsburgh, which is nice, but not good enough in my opinion. See, even though we're only 20 or so miles from Downtown, the weather, especially in the winter, is drastically different, and Verizon needs to realize that. It could rain the entire night Downtown, but we could end up with 2" of snow due to elevation differences, etc.

Now, this isn't as bad as TWC in other areas like in Philly, where people in Wilmington, Dover, and Trenton get Philly weather! But, none-the-less, something should be done. Yes, there's the Weather "Widget," but I'm sorry to say it sucks, when compared to TWC. It doesn't update as often, nor provide as detailed info.

I already have talked with TWC, and they said Verizon doesn't have enough IntelliStar computers to do this. Though, they so graciously added Penn Hills to the radar and maps.

Can something please be done about this? Maybe utilizing another IntelliStar to serve the three big eastern communities (Penn Hills, Plum, Monroeville)? That would be EXCELLENT.

Thanks for listening, and I'd appreciate feedback!
0 Likes
Re: Attn Verizon: Please do something about The Weather Channel
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
The widgets is set with local zipcode giving you the local weather. Does it work for you?
0 Likes
Re: Attn Verizon: Please do something about The Weather Channel
tylert120
Yes, it works, but as I mentioned, it stinks. It doesn't update as often, nor provide as detailied info as TWC does.
0 Likes