Bad Gateway on 1 of 2 set top boxes
MRF123
Enthusiast - Level 2

We have 2 HD DVRs (QIP7232 2) -- one can be accessed through the web and the other always gets a "Bad Gateway" error message.

I've reset the router to the factory defaults, run the inhome agent and had tech support run their tools.  Nothing has worked.

I can access the TV directly, but not through the web.

Sometimes, over the past few years, a fix takes for a while.  But it never lasts.

If it's a remapping issue, I should be able to that myself (whith appropriate instructions, of course).

This is a personal pain in the neck; however I see by the number of posts that I'm not at all alone in reporting this problem.  My guess is we're a very small percentage of folks who are actually experiencing a problem and the rest don't report it.

Apparently, this is a basic infrastructure problem that Verizon has not properly addressed.  Certainly, it seems that way to me.

Still, I'd be grateful for some help here.  Something that resolves the problems so it doesn't occur again by fixing it on Verizon's side, or receiving the knowledge of how to fix it myself when it breaks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Bad Gateway on 1 of 2 set top boxes
MRF123
Enthusiast - Level 2

There is a solution.

They have to do the remapping on their end.  Call tech support and tell them web-access doesn't work for you.

All is well, now.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

Its not intrinsic as lots of people have this working.

What model of router are your using. What ONT.

How many STB/DVR and other devices are connecting.

0 Likes
MRF123
Enthusiast - Level 2

The router is an Actiontec MI424-WR, rev F.  Firmware up-to-date.

I'm unfamiliar with ONTs.  I don't know what Verizon installed 2 months ago in a private, one-family house.

Connected to the Actiontec are an Asus wireless router (not a DHCP setver), a Western Digital Worldbook NAS, my laptop (usually), an LG BD250BD (blu-ray player), a Vierra plasma (P50S30).  And two set top boxes.

The box that has the problem is the one Verizon has decided was a multi-room unit (the two boxes are identical and we have no need for multiroom access).

0 Likes
seamuskrat

Same deal.  Any suuccess? What worked if you did have success?

Same hardware and same solutions tried to no avail.

0 Likes
MRF123
Enthusiast - Level 2

There is a solution.

They have to do the remapping on their end.  Call tech support and tell them web-access doesn't work for you.

All is well, now.

0 Likes