Bad Gateway
kwebb2

I would love to be able to record shows from my computer, but have never been able to since getting FIOS/verizon.

Can someone please help me without my having to call support or doing live chat?  I get a message that says Set Top Box Not Responding.  Other places on the verizon website, I get a message 'Bad Gateway'

Thanks so much !

0 Likes
Re: Bad Gateway
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

kwebb,

Do a self diagnotic test on the settop box and the after it is complete, reboot the PC.  Let us know if this works for you and we will take continue from that piint .

Thanks,

Tonya D

0 Likes
kwebb2

How do you do a self diagnostic test?  I did a search for it on the website but found nothing.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@kwebb wrote:

How do you do a self diagnostic test?  I did a search for it on the website but found nothing.

On your STB:

Menu ==> Customer Support ==> Self Diagnostics ==> Start ==> OK

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
lchildre

Tonya D,

I ran the diagnostic test and rebooted my PC and the online DVR manager is working again.  I also rebooted my router and STB and cleared out my browser history, cookies, etc...  I also unchecked the "Preserve Favorites website data" option in IE8.  So...... this is the first time I've been able to fix the problem without VZ tech support, which I've needed on 4 previous occasions just in the last two months on this particular issue.  For me personally, the "bad gateway" errors started when VZ upgraded the STB software with the new guide, menus, etc...

My gut tells me it may have to do with the browsers settings, cookies, etc...; however, VZ needs to resolve this and not leave it to the customer to troubleshoot buggy software, hardware, etc....  If the web based DVR manager service isn't reliable, which based on the numerous customer forum posts on this exact issue would indicate it isn't, then disable it until VZ is able to resolve all the bugs.

Thanks

0 Likes
kwebb2

Set top box still not responding.  Can a tech person just call me to fix this?

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

If you are having an issue with your Verizon service, you can use the Verizon Troubleshooter to fix and report issues with your Verizon Phone, FiOS TV, or Internet Service, as well as to schedule a repair, here is the link:
http://www.verizon.com/repair
You can find tools on the Verizon Residential Support page that may help you diagnose your issue:
http://www22.verizon.com/residentialhelp

0 Likes
StevenSilk
Enthusiast - Level 1

I spent two hours on the phone with support yesterday and got nowhere.  I was then given a tech support ticket and told that my remote DVR issues would be resolved by 5PM today.  It still doesn't work, and I haven't heard back from anyone at Verizon yet.

0 Likes
BDSou812
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had the same problem and just called Verizon Tech support. They reset the DVR and path/ port mapping and I'm up and running again!! Thanks Verizon!

0 Likes