Battery Beeping!?!?!?! Driving me bonkers!
ExtremeSkiBum

I called Fios last week because my battery light came on and is now beeping.  $40 for a freaking stupid battery!?!?!?! I ordered a bettery on line but it won't be here until Thursday.  The tech said I could disconnect it, tried that, it didn't work. the tech also said to pressed the Battery silence button for 20 seconds, that didn't work, the beeping returned.  My question is, WHICH WIRE IS THE SPEAKER WIRE? I want to cut it!  

0 Likes
Re: Battery Beeping!?!?!?! Driving me bonkers!
ditpeach

I took the battery of the box. . , it's only a backup battery.  Replacement batteries should be free for the amount of money we pay for internet service.

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

You need to replace the battery to stop the beeping.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Battery is only for phone service.

0 Likes
daveman1964
Enthusiast - Level 1

Unplug the battery for a minute plug it back in you should be good to go

0 Likes
joker211
Contributor - Level 1

Yes Fios puts a node in our house because of their type of service.  Then they want us to pay for the battery.  Other cable companys do not have nodes in our homes.   I agree not fair. 

0 Likes
OffDutyTech
Enthusiast - Level 2

Unplug the unit from the outllet, then open up the unit and unplug the battery for 10 seconds and plug it back in. Most of the time the battery will start to recharge itself and you won't need a replacement as the BBU creates a false positive.

ODT

0 Likes
cdodai

Don't know why.  But that works for a few months then beeping starts again.

Been doing for a few times now.

Each time I measured the BBU, the reading is 13,X Volts.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

I would just replace the battery,  For the amount of trouble it's giving you, if you could fix it for 20 bux would that be worth it?  For me it is.  I get them from amazon when I need one.

0 Likes