Re: Blaze TV - Gone
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

How many other providers carry Blaze?

Its not only the cost per subscriber that cable providers have to pay, but there is a fixed cost to connect to content providers.

Verizon (like other providers) know how many people watch every channel.

It becomes a business decision based on viewer ship and cost.

With Verizon being a smaller cable provider, they must not have enough viewers to justify the cost.

Most cable provider contracts allow them to delete channels at their disgression. And it does not constitute breech of contract.

Blaze is available for individual subscription BTW.

Hammer_Bro
Enthusiast - Level 3

Q explains,

"That's comparing apples to oranges"

Well, if the argument is in line with "lower viewership", seems to be analogous to me...  I could be wrong, however, are there many who speak Chinese?  Yet, i believe we still have an International station in that regard.

0 Likes
Hammer_Bro
Enthusiast - Level 3

Rob explains,

“know how many people watch every channel…”

Are they accounting for DVR stats?

You further explain,

“Blaze is available for individual subscription BTW.”

The problem with that logic is we are already paying an exorbitant amount with Verizon to have the extra channels that they seemingly keep taking away. To add another subscription service on top of the costly Verizon bill is adding insult to injury, or, at least in my opinion.

Hammer_Bro
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon-retired explains,

" liberal media outlets, like "NEWSY"..."

Do you know definitively that they are liberal?  The times i have watched them it didn't seem like they were pushing an agenda, however, their presentation style is just sooo boring.  Blaze had much more of a dynamic presentation. 

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I can't say for sure, but would assume yes as show ratings are account for both live and +7 viewing.

As for paying, others have stated they may switch to a provider that charges $5 to have Blaze.

Was just mentioning they can stay on Verizon and pay for a subscription as well.

Hammer_Bro
Enthusiast - Level 3

Rob-

Now, what do you mean by “+7 viewing”?

As for paying, others have stated they may switch to a provider

I may have stated this earlier, satellite is not really a good option, (presumably) Altice is not either… In addition, we still have phone/ internet with Verizon… so, to switch just the TV may prove cumbersome.

To purchase an independent subscription (online) to theBlaze it is costly. When i checked last, it was definitely over $60 for the year.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

+7 viewing is industry speak for people that watch something on DVR within 7 days of when it originally aired.

Wasn't sure of what cost options there are available.

Just wanted to state that people are willing to pay extra for the content on another provider, yet blame Verizon for dropping it when they paid no extra.

Hammer_Bro
Enthusiast - Level 3

Rob-

Thanks for the response back. That said, you explain,

“+7 viewing is industry speak for people that watch something on DVR within 7 days of when it originally aired.”

Interesting.

You further explain,

yet blame Verizon for dropping it when they paid no extra.”

I guess that is where we part company, my dear. With at least our bill, virtually $200 per month, i feel as though we were most definitely paying for Blaze which was subsequently taken away and our bill has not been correspondingly reduced.

Sincerely,

H.B.

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Would you have been ok if you bilk went up when Verizon had to pay Disney more for their deal? Or any of the other content providers that have raised their fees?

Most people would complain.

Dropping channels (either altogether or moving to higher packages) is how cable providers manage their costs given customers with fixed contracts. Channel carriage is all about cost vs viewer ship. Viewers low and/or costs high, can limit or remove carriage.

There a reason blaze has low carriage on cable systems. And it is not the political views of the cable providers. They want to make money.

Hammer_Bro
Enthusiast - Level 3

Rob explains,

Would you have been ok if your bill went up when Verizon had to pay Disney more for their deal?”

Well, based on past precedent, our Verizon bill keeps going up regardless and it is not as if we have any special packages. They should have held the line with Disney’s extravagance. About the only channel worth keeping from them is Disney XD, lol. And, mark my words, Disney will only get greedier. Then what? Will Verizon continue to sacrifice channels that they feel are unneeded because they assume we value Disney so much?