CBS & CW to be dropped in Harrisburg area?
ncix1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon to be dropped is more like it. Scratch one "QUAD PLAY" customer. Now if I can only catch those salesman from the competition that were ringing my bell Friday. Smiley Mad

Re: CBS & CW to be dropped in Harrisburg area?
tns
Master - Level 2

Its just another one of the carriage agreements renewal disputes. This time with Newport LLC. Probably an agreement will be reached even though for this one the date is close.

Photoscaper
Enthusiast - Level 1

If Verizon does not renew those channels they will lose a lot of customers are they planning to give everyboby a free month or two? even then it may not be enough to keep them. The fact i have to post this and waste my time **bleep** me off.

flyinhighguy
Enthusiast - Level 1

Unless I want to spend an hour and a half on the phone, there's practially no way to complain about the possible loss of CBS & CW.  I click on "Contact Us" and it takes me to a page with all sorts of options...  I click on "email" and it asks for my zip code.  When I type it in, I am directed right back to the same page with no way of emailing them.  They KNOW what the email is about and they don't want to hear it.  "Live Chat" isn't an option either...  That's unclickable.  "Verizon Customer Service" is yet another Oxymoron.  It doesn't exist.  That's reason enough to go elsewhere to spend too much money on the service.  Comcast wants me back.  If CBS & CW go away, Comcast gets their wish.  ARE YOU LISTENING VERIZON????????????  CAN YOU HEAR US NOWWWW????? 

ballerinagirl
Enthusiast - Level 1

Has this issue been resolved?

I still have time to cancel my new 2 yr bundle.

ballerinagirl
Enthusiast - Level 1

I actually spoke to a Kelly in customer service.  She suggested that I cancel my bundle on the spot.  Does this have anything to do with the prepaid Visa gift I am supposed to receive in 2 months?

jenniepye
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't know how to tell if the problem is Verizon or if it's whoever owns CW15 and CBS.  Whenever I've seen things like this, the one that's crying is usually the one who is making outrageous demands.  The messages scrolling on the screen make you think that there's going to be a lockout ... when it really might just be a player strike over more money.  Either way, both parties are going to lose if they don't come to some agreement.

Although, Verizon does have another option.  There is a "national affiliate" for CW that they could contract with.  According to Wikipedia, it's called CW Plus.  I could live with that.  Any chance of it happening?

shoover
Enthusiast - Level 1

NO PROBLEM, FOLKS!!!

Just plug an antenna into your "antenna in" on the television (any will do - I'm using an FM radio wire antenna), set your digital television source to "TV," click settings, choose "air" and tune into 21 (the local CBS station to Harrisburg.)

It is HI-DEF and absolutely BEAUTIFUL!

Now that I know I don't need FIOS to get hi-def local channels I'm unloading most of my cable package (since I only watch a couple of channels anyway), getting CLEAR internet so I don't need a home phone from Verizon to get hi-speed internet, and saving a LOT of money per month.

Thanks for kicking off CBS, FIOS -- you just showed me how to save a bundle (pun intended!)

yid3000
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was the first subscriber in my town and was telling eveyone how nice fios tv and internet was, now I wish I had kept my mouth shut.  This is Verizon alone and no one else.  When evey other carrier is offering the channels there is no excuse Verizon can come up with.  We dealt with only three channels when I was growing up and I believe an antenna is now the way to go and let all these companies do without the customers.  Get enough people to go along with this and see how quickly they all start to change their mind. Just got an add in the mail for Clear internet so may as well take that from Verizon and also go with someone else for my land line phone service.  Verizon this is all on you and no one else, I am your customer not some other company.  You promised all local channels and have now gone back on your contract.  I would like to see a class action on this one.

1970beachbums
Enthusiast - Level 1

Shoover, you are right!  It works!   We just switched our tv from cable to antenna and, voila!, there's CBS!  Wish we could get word out to more people-you don't need to buy an digital antenna!  THANKS SO MUCH!!! 

It's making me rethink my cable bill...thanks Verizon!  🙂