CISCO CHS 335 HDC & TIVO
Sevillano
Please Help So my wife will leave me alone. We recently moved our home and moved from Comcast to Verizon FIOS and having trouble getting my TIVO box setup with the Cisco CHS 335 HDC Cable Box IR Receiver. First, The Cisco unit is not listed under the supported Cable Boxes during the TIVO Setup. Call TIVO and they said to select the Scientific Atlanta Cable unit.. After selecting the Scientific Atlanta and running the test to see if the channels would change it doesn't work. (The channels never change which means that the IR Codes are not matching with this unit. I've download the CCS 3335 User manuel and made sure that the IR connectors are setup properly (pointing at the correct area of the Cisco CHS 335 HDC Cable box. Thanks, Jose
0 Likes
Re: CISCO CHS 335 HDC & TIVO
Lee_VZ
Contributor - Level 1

Hey Jose,

I did a search and found the same info the Tivo tech told you about using the Scientific Atlanta IR codes. You didn't mention your Tivo model. If it supports cable cards (MCARDS) we do offer those as well.

Lee_vz
Verizon Support

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

0 Likes
Sevillano

I tried selecting Scientific Atlanta as the Cable box but the TIVO Test of the IR Connection all failed to change the Cisco Cable boxes channels.

The TIVO is a Series 2 Humana Unit .

Thanks, Jose

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

Try to use the Verizon Motorola STB codes. The Cisco and Motorola use the same remote control, which is different than the default SA codes or Default Cisco codes. You may have dificulty getting it to work since the Tivo Series 2 is much older, and may not support the remote codes for any of the boxes that Verizon uses. But try the Motorola Codes.

I am assuming that you are trying to get the TiVO Series 2 to control the Verizon Box? What type of connection are you useing between the CHS-335 and the TiVO Series 2? I have heard that if you use the HDMI output of the CHS-335 HD boxes, the RF Out Coax may be disabled. See the manual here. A work around may be to use the Component which gives the same picture quality and the RF to the Series 2. http://onlinehelp.verizon.net/consumer/bin/pdf/4033272a_user_guide_chs_335hdc.pdf

See if that helps.

0 Likes
mzigadlo

Scientific Atlanta does work but I had to reboot the TiVO 1st and run through the guided setup again.

Trying to change from my old set top box to the new one, with out the reboot, did not work for me.

0 Likes