Enthusiast - Level 2

Virtual Channel                           618 Fox News HD
Frequency                                   375.000 MHz
Program Number                        725
Authorization                             not-subscribed
CCI Protection                           none
Modulation Lock                          qam256
PCR Lock                                    locked
Signal Strength                           95% (-3.4 dBmV)
Signal Quality                             100% (37.1 dB)
Symbol Quality                           100%
Streaming Rate                           none
Resource Lock                            none

0 Likes
Re: CableCard Problem - No more Fox channels - Copy Once Flag Turned on
rockstarcoder
Enthusiast - Level 2

According to what I'm seeing, my HDHomeRun is showing CCI Protection = NONE

0 Likes
roboengr
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same thing for me.

I have a Tivo Roamio Pro.  Still investigating whats wrong, but I get V58 whcih indicates no subscription

Looks like Verizon just put the nail in their coffin.  Calling comcast tomorrow.

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I beleive there are two issues:

1) Fox has supposedly requested that all of their channels be changed to copy once. If so, not a lot Verizon can do about that. Content providers get to decide how their channels are carried.

2) I have heard that if pairing is not correct between cable card and device you can get errors. See this thread for help hints: http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r30174874-Channels-Fox-Channels-now-Copyright-flag

rockstarcoder
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've had Verizon pair and re-pair my CableCard at least 10 times... even with a new CableCard... and even when confirmed as paired correctly.... I still do not receive the Fox channels.

0 Likes
tap1966
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just called Verizon and they manually validated/paired the card in my Roamio. The guy I talked to was aware of the exact problem and knew what to do. Sent me to channel 131 where you will get all the id numbers if your card isn't paired.

0 Likes
rockstarcoder
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok, I didn't give up.. and I FINALLY got it working on Windows.

Fox enabled DRM on the channels that I mentioned in my original post.

Here is roughly what I did to fix it....

- Verify that your CableCard is paired with Verizon.   Verify that you are 'subscribed' to those channels with your CableCards diagnostic logs (if you can).

- You MUST use Windows Media Center (WMC) to view DRM protected channels.  Apparently, WMC is the only TV application on Windows that will let you watch DRM protected channels. 

- In WMC and under the Extras menu, you must run the Digital Cable Advisor.  There is a repair tool for Digital Cable Advisor from Microsoft (if you need it or want to run it to be safe -- just google it).   If the Extras menu is not showing in WMC, you will have to turn it on in the registory.  Hkey_Current_User\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Media Center\Application\Internal (OnStartMenu = True)

- In WMC and under TV-> Settings, you must run the TV Signal activation.

Fox channels (DRM protected channels) returned.

tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@rockstarcoder wrote:

...d

- You MUST use Windows Media Center (WMC) to view DRM protected channels.  Apparently, WMC is the only TV application on Windows that will let you watch DRM protected channels. 

Fox channels (DRM protected channels) returned.

The bad news, Windows Media Center, is one of the things that will not be in Windows 10.

0 Likes
ynk1121
Enthusiast - Level 2

HDHomeRun Prime and Windows Media Center here. It took me less than 10 minutes on the phone to get it straightened out.

First there are three sets of numbers to have on hand before picking up the phone. CableCARD ID, Host ID, and Data. I believe them to be physically written on the card. If you don’t want to turn it off and pop the card out I got them by going to the IP address of the HDHomeRun. Click “CableCARD Menu”, and then “CableCARD(tm) Pairing”.

Once you have these three things, call Verizon and tell them you lost Fox owned channels on the box using your M cable card. It says I’m not subscribed but it works on all Verizon supplied boxes in the house. Don’t try to explain computers or Media Center or anything. It will only confuse them. Stop them from trying to give you advice too.  Simply say you read online that this is a common problem with your set up and all that is needed to fix it is for them to verify/pair/reload/whatever the card on their end. The lady started telling me to get the card out of my device.  I said you just need the CableCARD ID, Host ID, and Data, correct?  She said yes and I didn't need to mess with it.  I read them off, she typed them in, and in under a minute all the channels were back. It now says “Authorization - subscribed” and “CCI Protection - protected-copyonce” in the status menu.  Good luck.  Hope this helps someone.

0 Likes
JimSahm
Enthusiast - Level 2

Fixed for WMC, but those who use legitimate 3rd party apps with HD Homerun like MythTV are screwed.

I admit it is not Verizon's fault, BUT they COULD lobby on behalf of thier users.... 

0 Likes