Cablecard - No Tv signal since 12/9/2016 around 2PM EST
Jack_Luminous
Enthusiast - Level 3

I use a cablecard (windows media center) and from yesterday around 2PM I am getting "No tv signal". Internet is fine. I am in a condo so I can't get to the ONT. The tuner diagnostics say "No message received yet". Is anyone else in Northern Virginia with a cablecard experiencing similar problem?

Or do you have any tips for when I contact support? I always dread going through their call script....

Thanks,

0 Likes
Re: Cablecard - No Tv signal since 12/9/2016 around 2PM EST
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you happen to have a device with a qam tuner?

If so, hook that up to coax. Should be able to get local channels at least.

Another option for support is twitter @verizonsupport.

Not real time, but fairly responsive and helpful.

0 Likes
Jack_Luminous
Enthusiast - Level 3

I tried hooking it up to my TV which has a QAM tuner and couldn't get any channels. I tried telling support that I am not getting any signals but they keep telling me everything is fine on their end.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is it only TV service that is affected?

Have you checked ont to see if it has any alarms?

0 Likes
Jack_Luminous
Enthusiast - Level 3

The issue has been resolved with a tech visit. Shout out to Marc, who did a great job getting things sorted out.  Turns out the problem was what I thought it was all along: no tv signal at all. I had no problems with internet or phone the whole time.  Marc said that (I'm paraphrasing here) the video signal from the ONT got turned off remotely (??).   He had to call in and get someone to switch it back on.  

VZ phone support is not worth much when it comes to cablecard.  To humour them (and move things along), I swapped out my 6-tuner Ceton card for my older 4-tuner card and showed that I still had the same problem. No amount of re-pairing the cablecard worked because nothing was going to the card. The tuner diagnostics showed -50 or so for the signal.  Now, I have return this cablecard they sent me and hopefully billing doesn't turn into a nightmare.

Anyways, I wanted to update this post in case someone else runs into this problem.  BTW, I am in a MDU set-up.

0 Likes