Can't access my STB from my PC
SHARKMAN44
Contributor - Level 1

Up until last week, I was able to program my STB from my pc. Now when I get on the site (www36.verizon.com), the STB cannot be reached by the site. It just sits there with the "updating" thing and eventually says it cannot contact the box.

Any suggestions?

thanks

sharkman

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can't access my STB from my PC
Weekender
Enthusiast - Level 3

I recently had a similar problem.  1 of 2 DVRs could not be communicated with via the Remote DVR functionality.  Both had been working at one point.  Did the online chat with Support and the problem was resolved in about 10 minutes.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
hokie
Enthusiast - Level 3

Have you made any changes to your setup (STB or router) since that time?

Check your STB settings to ensure access is enabled (Settings > FiOS TV Remote DVR > Web Access).

Have you been checking daily and seen the same problem, or did you just check one or two times?

I've had periods in the past when connection was spotty, but things would be back to normal at a later time.

0 Likes
SHARKMAN44
Contributor - Level 1

Ahhh were it that simple..

The STB settings are correct (I thought you might have had it there) and I've checked every day.. Same problem. I did have some router problems but support fixed them. You think I should give them a call back and tell them of this problem?

thanks

sharkman

0 Likes
VZ_Kim
Contributor - Level 2

Sharkmann44, you can try this: remove coax and pwer to the box for about 30 seconds, replace coax 1st then pwr.  Check again after stb reboots. If that doesn't work, you may have to pin reset the router 1st then try it again.

0 Likes
SHARKMAN44
Contributor - Level 1

I did both

1st the box reset and then the router pin reset. Neither worked.. And I rechecked to be sure that the box was web enabled and it was.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

sharkman

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

OK do the STBs all show up with the correct information in TV Central? https://www36.verizon.com/fiostv/web/

If they do show up without the ability to remotly control the boxes, contact techsupport and ask if they can talk to the boxes. It may be that something changed at some point. It worked and now it does not. Based on all the items you have done, it does not look like something you can fix. I at one time ran into a router issue where even after a hard factory reset on the router, the remote would not work. If tech support can not talk to the box, then it has to be a router issue, or a bad box.

0 Likes
SHARKMAN44
Contributor - Level 1

@prisaz wrote:

OK do the STBs all show up with the correct information in TV Central? https://www36.verizon.com/fiostv/web/

If they do show up without the ability to remotly control the boxes, contact techsupport and ask if they can talk to the boxes. It may be that something changed at some point. It worked and now it does not. Based on all the items you have done, it does not look like something you can fix. I at one time ran into a router issue where even after a hard factory reset on the router, the remote would not work. If tech support can not talk to the box, then it has to be a router issue, or a bad box.

They show up with the correct numbers but it continues to try to update. And when I hit the refesh, I get the message that the STB is not responding.

I'll call tech support on Monday

thanks

sharkman

0 Likes
Weekender
Enthusiast - Level 3

I recently had a similar problem.  1 of 2 DVRs could not be communicated with via the Remote DVR functionality.  Both had been working at one point.  Did the online chat with Support and the problem was resolved in about 10 minutes.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@SHARKMAN44 wrote:

@prisaz wrote:

They show up with the correct numbers but it continues to try to update. And when I hit the refesh, I get the message that the STB is not responding.

I'll call tech support on Monday

thanks

sharkman

Fios TV, Internet, and Phone support is 24/7. Only account and billing is done during regular business hours.

http://www22.verizon.com/Content/ContactUs/CallUs/callus.htm

FiOS Internet , TV and PhoneChat now with an agentLive chat not available

English and Espanol

1-888-553-1555
24/7
0 Likes
SHARKMAN44
Contributor - Level 1

I contacted Tech Support and after about 30 minutes, the tech corrected the problem by updating the software on both the router and the STB.

thanks for all the suggestions.

sharkman

0 Likes