Connecting to DVR using Fios TV Mobile App
eric_b2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi everyone,

Ever since I updated my Fios mobile app to the current Fios TV Mobile App, I'm unable to view any of my DVR recordings (or see the list of them for that matter).  I can see the percent usage of the DVR content but that's about it.  The  recordings list shows:

Error loading

Content unavailable.  Please try again.  (with a retry button).

I've tried reinstalling the app, resetting the DVR, removing and re-adding my device as an authorized device, etc.  I should mention that I'm using my own router and I have port 63145 forwarded to the DVR.  Does anyone know of anything else that I need to add to make it work?  On-screen guides, caller ID, etc. work fine.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
Re: Connecting to DVR using Fios TV Mobile App
rsrobbins50
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem 

clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@rsrobbins50 wrote:

I have the same problem 

Are you using a Fios router or your own?

clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@eric_b2 wrote:

Hi everyone,

Ever since I updated my Fios mobile app to the current Fios TV Mobile App, I'm unable to view any of my DVR recordings (or see the list of them for that matter).  I can see the percent usage of the DVR content but that's about it.  The  recordings list shows:

Error loading

I've tried reinstalling the app, resetting the DVR, removing and re-adding my device as an authorized device, etc.  I should mention that I'm using my own router and I have port 63145 forwarded to the DVR.  Does anyone know of anything else that I need to add to make it work?  On-screen guides, caller ID, etc. work fine.

Thanks.

I'll run this by support and see what they say. might take a while though.

clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@eric_b2 wrote:

Hi everyone,

Error loading

Thanks.

Got this from support:

Please ask them to open tickets from within the app, and then provide those ticket numbers?  The ticket will allow mobile dev to get logs, and then can take a look.

So please give that a shot, then PM me the ticket numbers.

clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@clem21 wrote:

@eric_b2 wrote:

Hi everyone,

Error loading

Thanks.

Got this from support:

Please ask them to open tickets from within the app, and then provide those ticket numbers?  The ticket will allow mobile dev to get logs, and then can take a look.

So please give that a shot, then PM me the ticket numbers.

Submitted ticket number, we'll see what they come up with.

Sodor4
Enthusiast - Level 2

I’ve submitted many many tickets in the app about all the functionality that’s been broken since v6. They just close them with no fixes after four months now.

jamnesia
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've done some research on this. I have three mobile devices in the house all with Fios TV Mobile version 6.1.6755  Only one of them cannot connect to the content on the DVR and that's the pixel 7 pro which I have read Google has changed the pixel 7 pro to allow only 64 bit apps but the DVR media server is 32 bit. I can't confirm any of this but that's what I'm reading. 

I'm going to paste my error in here just in case other people are getting the same error.

content unavailable 43-plyb-ui-174

pom53
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since I updated the Fios TV Mobile Android app, I can't see or access recordings on my DVR.  When I click on My Stuff, I see "Recordings, manage DVR," with the message "No information available."  If I click on the Recordings box, I get the error message, "Error loading. Content unavailable. Please try again."  I don't see an error code. 

I am using a Google Pixel 5.  Do you know if Google made the same change to the software for the Pixel 5. And did they just recently make the change. I had always been able to play content from my DVR until very recently, so I assumed the problem was with the new version of the Fios TV app.  Is it just a coincidence that I first noticed the problem after updating the App? I's assuming the DVR server was always 32 bits when I was accessing it with a previous version of the App.

markdoc
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the exact same issue using the Fios router and my Pixel 6 Pro with Android 13.     I have also tried clearing the apps cache.  Then uninstalling the app, restarting my phone and reinstalling the app.  That didn't help so I called Fios support.  They told me to try a few convoluted things with removing other Fios apps and reinstalling the Fios TV app.  They couldn't fix the issue either and  gave up.  I did try restarting my router, but that didn't help either.   I will probably try calling support one more time.  Maybe a different technician can help.  Otherwise, I'm stuck.