Changed DVR box - no longer can program online
bclasen1

Hi - I just updated my existing DVR to the QIP7232P2 (bigger hard drive) and can record from the STB. However when I go online or try to access it from my mobile device, I get the message that SET TOP BOX xxx is not responding. I imagine this is because it is trying to access my old STB - however I can't find a place to register or reset my system to the new STB. Anyone know how to do that?

Thanks,

B

0 Likes
Re: Changed DVR box - no longer can program online
cxg331
Contributor - Level 1

Are you attempting access through the FiOS mobile app or through your phone's browser? 

I've never accessed my DVR through my phone's browser.  However, if you are using the FiOS mobile app, you will need to generate a new "access code" through the main menu of your DVR (new DVR requires a new code), and then enter that code into the app.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

have you enabled the web remote access through the menu?  

menu > settings > fios tv remote dvr > web access

?

or mobile phone access?  

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

When I switched, both boxes showed up for a while.  The one that was returned was defaulting.  After the time out I could then switch it to the correct box and continue for that session.  Finally the old box was removed from the account and I no longer had this problem.

pgh1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same problem.   I hope it goes away when my old STB is returned and removed from service by Verizon.  

The system wants to recognize the old STB, which is no longer connected.  Recording works from STB, but not online. 

0 Likes