Closed Captioning
srxdba
Enthusiast - Level 2

CC has not worked properly since the last update to the set top box.

Here's the deal:  CC1 is selected in settings.  No CC.

1.  I go to settings, turn CC off, and save

2.  I set it back to CC1, save, and exit

3.  CC works!

4.  I change channels, or look at the program guide, and CC stops working again.

5.  go back to #1

This is a big problem.  I have rebooted the box several times.  Every time I try to get on live chat, it is a 30+ minute wait.

Anyone have any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: Closed Captioning
infosecgeorge1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also noticed the change in Close Captioning after the last update - Change channel and CC is turned off... I just hit the "*" button on the remote to toggle it back on... Still a nuisance - Wish the setting was persistent, as it was before the update.

srxdba
Enthusiast - Level 2

yeah - i  use a Harmony touhscreen remote...may have to re-configure it to put a CC button on the first screen.  thanks for pointing that out!  (would be better for them to fix it, but a workaround will help)

0 Likes
HandsomeDogDad
Enthusiast - Level 1

Chatted with Verizon tech support today - They had me reboot the box and resave the CC settings. It appears to be working now. The support person said that there may have been some minor updates since the last pushed update or that my settings became corrupted. 

srxdba
Enthusiast - Level 2

excellent!  thanks for passing that on...I'd tried to get with support, but both phone and livechat always had wait times that were unrealistic for me to do nothing but sit on  the phone or watch the screen.

Will reboot again and see if that helps.

0 Likes