Come on Verizon, Get a Clue
kschles
Enthusiast - Level 3
As many of us are waiting for a fix for the botched firmware update, I was surprised to receive this email from Veizon this morning:

Dear Valued Verizon Customer,
At Verizon, we're constantly striving to provide our customers with the best possible TV viewing experience, which is why we recently made enhancements to your FiOS® TV Interactive Media Guide.
Some of the new capabilities you now have available include being able to:
- Choose Recommendations for You to access personalized On Demand offers and promotions
- View My Current Offers for additional promotions and free rental opportunities
- Check out Coming Soon, where you will be able to pre-purchase upcoming New Releases
For more details on other FiOS On Demand features, press the On Demand button on your FiOSTM TV Remote Control.

In addition, you will also notice a new FiOS TV Home Page that appears when you turn on your Set Top Box. The FiOS TV Home Page puts all kinds of useful information right at your fingertips. Use the arrow buttons on your FiOS TV Remote to check local weather, browse top movies and more.
Thank you for choosing Verizon. We hope you enjoy all the great new features and capabilities available to you with the new Interactive Media Guide.
Sincerely,

Your Verizon Team
0 Likes
Re: Come on Verizon, Get a Clue
Holly1
Contributor - Level 3

We don't like the Verizon TV Home Page coming on at all---not even for 5 seconds. I went to Notifications in Settings to Disable and to the bottom of the TV Home Page to Disable, but it doesn't Work. This Home Page is nothing more than Advertising!!!!!! I even tried rebooting the STB but that doesn't work either. It may not come on for a few times but then IT COMES BACK!!!!!

As someone once said,  "IT"S BACK!!!!!!"

0 Likes
silverado4x4
Contributor - Level 2

Well here it is Monday and still not fixed, I called them on Friday 8-22-14 about this.

0 Likes
silverado4x4
Contributor - Level 2

Just got my issue fixed, had to online chat or you can call them and they did a hard reboot on all of my boxes but before they did the hard reboot I saved all my settings to cloud and after everything was ok I restored my settings from cloud and everything is fine now no home page when I turn my STB on and all my favorites are back because I saved them to cloud.

0 Likes