Re: Copying favorites to other boxes?
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

Justin....that worked perfectly (and easily)!

I didn't hold out much hope for a helpful answer when I posted here on this ancient thread but I'm sure glad I gave it a go.

Thank you much!  You da man!

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@eljefe wrote:

Justin....that worked perfectly (and easily)!

I didn't hold out much hope for a helpful answer when I posted here on this ancient thread but I'm sure glad I gave it a go.

Thank you much!  You da man!

Glad to help.

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

0 Likes
Mimibow
We just got Quantum. Can this be done? I thought I saw it on my media server but know can't find it. argh!
0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@Mimibow wrote:
We just got Quantum. Can this be done? I thought I saw it on my media server but know can't find it. argh!

When I installed Quantum TV back in April, yes you could do it, during installation only. I used the dialog in my old QIP7232 DVR to save my Favorites and recording schedule in Verizon's cloud before the Quantum installation, then during the Quantum installation I was given the option to restore those saved Favorites, which I did, to my new Quantum DVR and the clients.

We have gone through multiple levels of Quantum and a QIP-box software upgrade since April, I have no idea whether the function is still available. And if you have already installed Quantum then I think you are out of luck unless you did save the Favorites on your old box and are willing to redo the installation, the data must have been saved from your old system (at least that is the way I remember it when I installed Quantum, and in going through the current Quantum dialog I do not see any option to save Favorites for transfer to other Quantum boxes or an option on the clients to get the Favorites from the server).

I think I am right on this, but old age may be getting in the way here, if so hopefully someone else will chime in.

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

0 Likes
Me711

The problem with Favorites now is that it has to be done separately on each set top box. I spent a lot of time filtering through channels to create my favorites list in my living room.  Now I have to do it all over again in the bedroom.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes