Customer Service cannot solve simple DVR Box/Remote problem
Dimus

Last Sunday (10/16/2022) Guide option on my Verizon TV remote stopped working.

I contacted (by phone) Fios Customer service. CS Representative reset DVR Box and Internet but the problem was not solved. He opened ticket and I got email “A repair ticket has been created for your service trouble and will be resolved on 10/17 by 8:19pm.”

When the problem was not solved (next day) I contacted again Customer Service. Spend another hour, the equipment was reset again but without success. At that moment resolution date was moved to 10/19/2022

On 10/19/2022 I contacted Customer Service again, another 1.5 hours of same resets and restarts. The problem was not solved and the ticket’s resolution date was moved to 10/20/2022 8:00 PM

New ticket  has been opened (resolution target :10/20/2022 8:00 PM).

CS Representative promised to call me on 10/20/2022 before 10 AM and, if the problem is not solved, to send me new DVR Box.
10/20/2022 12:45 PM: nobody called me, the problem is not solved.

What should be my next step? To contact Verizon executives https://www.verizon.com/about/our-company/executive-bios ?

P.S.

Verizon modem and DVR Box were restarted multiple times, cables are OK

0 Likes
Re: Customer Service cannot solve simple DVR Box/Remote problem
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@Dimus wrote:

Last Sunday (10/16/2022) Guide option on my Verizon TV remote stopped working.

I contacted (by phone) Fios Customer service. CS Representative reset DVR Box and Internet but the problem was not solved. He opened ticket and I got email “A repair ticket has been created for your service trouble and will be resolved on 10/17 by 8:19pm.”

When the problem was not solved (next day) I contacted again Customer Service. Spend another hour, the equipment was reset again but without success. At that moment resolution date was moved to 10/19/2022

On 10/19/2022 I contacted Customer Service again, another 1.5 hours of same resets and restarts. The problem was not solved and the ticket’s resolution date was moved to 10/20/2022 8:00 PM

New ticket  has been opened (resolution target :10/20/2022 8:00 PM).

CS Representative promised to call me on 10/20/2022 before 10 AM and, if the problem is not solved, to send me new DVR Box.
10/20/2022 12:45 PM: nobody called me, the problem is not solved.

What should be my next step? To contact Verizon executives https://www.verizon.com/about/our-company/executive-bios ?

P.S.

Verizon modem and DVR Box were restarted multiple times, cables are OK

The Guide info comes over the MoCa network provided by the coax cables in the system. You may have a bad or outdated splitter, or a bad coax connection somewhere. Check all the coax connections, make sure coax is attached to the router and the main Fios box. Did you try this: Main Menu > Customer Support > Top Support Tools > Fix Fios TV Issues. Give it a shot. You could have a bad router, not just a bad Fios box.