DVR Deleting Recordings and Scheduled Recordings
Suzanne7777
Contributor - Level 1

DVR is a Motorola 7216.  Two weeks ago, the DVR apparently deleted about 5 recorded programs and movies on its own.  They were there on Saturday and on Sunday had disappeared. Since nothing was recorded in between those times, this was not a deletion to make room for other recordings.  Just gone.

Today, none of the recordings on my Series Manager recorded (I record all the news programs every Sunday, and have been doing so for years). When I checked the Scheduled Recordings, nothing was there.  I checked the Scheduled Recordings yesterday for today, and they were there.  It's like the DVR just canceled everything in the Series Manager that was was scheduled to record today. When I tried to reset Series Manager, got a box saying these programs were already set in the Series Manager.

Is anyone else having these issues or know why this is happening?  I also cannot rewind live shows when I am recording them.

I don't even call Verizon customer service about anything.  I am always referred to tech support, where I spend 20 minutes on hold just to be told they "have never heard of this happening", and then want to re-set the box, which I have already done.  My expereince with tech support has been that they are fairly useless.

Maybe the whole box needs to be replaced?

0 Likes
Re: DVR Deleting Recordings and Scheduled Recordings
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

If you are having an issue with your Verizon service, you can use the Verizon Troubleshooter to fix and report issues with your Verizon Phone, FiOS TV, or Internet Service. You can also schedule a repair. Here is the link: http://www.verizon.com/repair

You can also find tools on the Verizon Residential Support page that may help you diagnose your issue: http://www22.verizon.com/residentialhelp

0 Likes
lilleyhousehold

Is this the same standard you throw out to everyone because it was the same one i was given and it does not work. I even talked them into giving me all new set tops which consisted of a DVR and two HD boxes  Same problem.  It just arbitrarily deletes stuff. And its not full because I have checked that. And its not deleting the oldest. It's just deleting random programs. Can't wait for my contract to be up!

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@Suzanne7777 wrote:

DVR is a Motorola 7216.  Two weeks ago, the DVR apparently deleted about 5 recorded programs and movies on its own.  They were there on Saturday and on Sunday had disappeared. Since nothing was recorded in between those times, this was not a deletion to make room for other recordings.  Just gone.

Today, none of the recordings on my Series Manager recorded (I record all the news programs every Sunday, and have been doing so for years). When I checked the Scheduled Recordings, nothing was there.  I checked the Scheduled Recordings yesterday for today, and they were there.  It's like the DVR just canceled everything in the Series Manager that was was scheduled to record today. When I tried to reset Series Manager, got a box saying these programs were already set in the Series Manager.

Is anyone else having these issues or know why this is happening?  I also cannot rewind live shows when I am recording them.

I don't even call Verizon customer service about anything.  I am always referred to tech support, where I spend 20 minutes on hold just to be told they "have never heard of this happening", and then want to re-set the box, which I have already done.  My expereince with tech support has been that they are fairly useless.

Maybe the whole box needs to be replaced?

See my post in THIS THREAD  about the HD flag.  Verizon's great guide once again seems to be making the DVR worthless (I am assuming your recordings were on the HD channels - if not ignore my answer).

0 Likes
boutym

I'm having the same issues.

0 Likes
paulac23
I have the opposite problem. If I delete something from the scheduled list it won't stay deleted. It puts itself back in before I even exit the DVR menu. Very annoying. The same thing will record over and over. Some things I can change to first run only, but some I can't because they are new to America but not to Europe and they aren't marked as new.
0 Likes