DVR Fast FWD and Play resume problems
DDFrustrated

We recently had Verizon FIOS installed.  While for the most part all is well except for one issue, the whole house DVR is not functioning correctly since we received the system.  We converted from Direct TV and had no problems with there boxes at all with the same floor plans, same hardware setup.  The problem is in the DVR pause and Resume function.  If we pause a program and come back to it after refreshing our tea or getting a snack we find that the program (of and on) will not resume.  We have had to turn the DVR off and then back on to get the box to function again!!!!!  I have called Verizon FIOS about this since  you sold me on getting this great and fantastic upgrade and to date, received no resolve.  I agreed to the terms and conditions of the system change over with the assumption that all functions and features of the whole house DVR would work.  They have not since we received the install.  We are sitting less that 10 feet away from the STB and no obstructions between my wife and I and the STB.  No side angels, no other devices sitting in front, on top or around the STB that could cause interference.  I have had the box replaced, the box reset, the box re-initialized, 2 new remotes sent, check to insure the remotes have been properly configured for or Samsung 51 inch flat panel.  Look at my account and see how many times I have called for this issue.  My wife has told me that this even happens on the box we have in our bedroom.  That box is the standard box and not the DVR.  Is this a known issue?  Why can't Verizon resolve this issue for us?  For the record, I worked in the IT industry for 17 years and consider myself IT savvy just incase the thoughts surface that my wife and I don't know what we are doing come up!!!  I worked in and supported enterprise level Microsoft based networks from a desktop support technician all the way up to senior network engineer.  This is not rocket science here guys.....

When this problem occurs, you can see the box acknowledging our commands by a little led on the DVR flashing when we send the signal to continue.  The box simply does not respond.  Last night, it did it again to my wife, so I picked up my remote sitting next to me and tried to continue the program, no such luck.

When we fast forward and try to stop the fast forward, it will not respond at times as well.  ARGHHHHH.  I am getting frustrated guys, provide me an answer or release me from the contract and allow me to go back to what was working before with no problems.

R,

Dave

0 Likes
Re: DVR Fast FWD and Play resume problems
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please contact our customer service team via live chat or email at:
http://www.verizon.com/contactus

0 Likes