DVR Playback "Jittery" At Times
schwarze2006
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Motorola QIP72161 DVR, a Western Digital Mybook 1TB external drive and Fios release 1.9 (build number 10.95).  During playback of recorded shows we sometimes get a "jumpy" or "jittery" image on screen (more like scrambled pixels) and a skip in the audio feed.  It gets pretty annoying at times and a reset of the DVR does not seem to help.  Is this a common issue?  Should I look to the wire connections or is this a known issue with external drives and video playback?

0 Likes
Re: DVR Playback "Jittery" At Times
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

If you rewind the show does it break up and signal drop in the same places? If so, this is due to a poor signal during recording and these defects are built into the recording. To try to fix this, unscrew the coax from the back of the box and to the wall for 30 sec. If this does not fix it, please send me a private message.

0 Likes
Re: DVR Playback "Jittery" At Times
schwarze2006
Enthusiast - Level 2

Correct, the "jittery" spots seem to be the same if I rewind and replay a show.  I am not sure if it is related but a while back we attempted to watch a VOD movie and the quality was extremely poor (so much so that I simply gave up and have not tried to watch another VOD movie since).  Normal TV viewing is fine.

I will try the coax step and check a few new recordings and see what happens.  Thank you for the info.

0 Likes