DVR Recordings and Verizon Customer Service
kstennett

This is my last straw with Verizon.  My DVR had to be replaced. The person I spoke with ON THE PHONE asked me if I had any recordings - I had ton of them!! He said to go into the menu and export MY RECORDINGS to the cloud. Now I'm finding out from someone via Verizon chat that only the recording schedule can be restored. REALLY?  What the hell is wrong with Verizon? You are losing a 6+ year customer over your greedy, incompetent **bleep**. I will never use Verizon again! 

0 Likes
Re: DVR Recordings and Verizon Customer Service
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

You were given misinformation. You can not upload recordings to a cloud it is copyrighted material.

0 Likes
kstennett

No **bleep**

0 Likes
Britladie

I feel like I was lied to by the sales guy wanting me to upgrade. He promised me I would be able to save the shows my kids watch on a regular bases to the new DVR by uploading them to cloud. Now I am findoing out this isn't true. I feel like sending everything back as I told him I would only do it if I could keep the shows

0 Likes
pgmnls
Enthusiast - Level 2

The "copyright material" excuse is simply pathetic, we do not ask to upload it to an anonymous cloud, we just want to upload the shows that we already paid for, by being Verizon customers, to Verizon cloud, from Verizon device and then restore it to the new Verizon device, while the old device is being returned to Verizon. Where is the "copyright" problem here ?

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon doesn't have a "cloud".

The purpose of the DVR (IMHO) is for temporary storage until you can watch the show.

If the HD on your DVR dies, you loose them anyway. How is that any different?

And you paid to watch the show, not to store them forever.

If you want that, then you need to acutally purchase the show.

0 Likes
pgmnls
Enthusiast - Level 2

I give you one example - I have PC and I bought Windows from Microsoft then  my HD dies, I can get a new one and reinstall system and I don't have to pay again, this is called license transferring. It is too bad that Verizon does not have aa cloud, but there are many other ways to transfer the already recorded material that I paid for

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

@pgmnls wrote:

I give you one example - I have PC and I bought Windows from Microsoft then  my HD dies, I can get a new one and reinstall system and I don't have to pay again, this is called license transferring. It is too bad that Verizon does not have aa cloud, but there are many other ways to transfer the already recorded material that I paid for

You said it yourself you need to pay for the show. You are not paying on the DVR it is just temporary storage.

0 Likes
pgmnls
Enthusiast - Level 2

First of all. my last message was edited, so you got my comments about paying out of contents. 

Secondly, even if the DVR is temporary storage, which is not, at least nothing like that is in my agreement with Verizon, whatever I recorded must stay there till I decided to delete it, otherwise why Verizon just didn't empty DVR proactively every week or so, and then no problem of copyright at all.

And the last point, the biggest problem is not that the recordings are not transferrable, but is that Verizon customer support lies about it, pushing people into upgrade, that they do not