DVR not authomatically deleting
Fios_User
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a number of Series Recordings created on my DVR.  The series recordings are set with "Keep up to 4 Episodes" (or whatever number I deciced).   For the last few weeks, the DVR has not been deleting episodes for certain programs -- I've found certain programs with up to 17 episodes  (Some of the kids' programs are on many times per day.)   For other programs, they seem to delete fine.  I find no commonalities in the problems.

I have a QIP7216-P2.

I have tried resetting my settop box.  I have run the "Fix FIOS TV Issues"  I have tried deleting all programs for a given series, deleted the series recording, and then created a new series recording.

The box recently had a firmware upgrade.  I suspect that this was when this started -- but not sure. 

Any ideas on how to fix this?

0 Likes
Re: DVR not authomatically deleting
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Not 100% positive how this is suppose to work.  I've seen it do both delete when it hits the number and keep additional episodes.  At least once before someone, usually  in the know, said it just sets the priority so that additonal episodes beyond the number set will be deleted if the space is needed before other recordings get deleted.

0 Likes
Re: DVR not authomatically deleting
the_breeze

YOU GET 17? You're lucky,I try to record "marathons" and set mine to record and keep all of them,I have plenty of harddrive space yet soon as episode 13 starts recording episode 1 starts deleting in sync with 13? The most of 1 tv show I can record is 12 even with available harddrive spaceWHACKED?!?!?!

0 Likes