DVR playbacks freezing constantly!
momarch

I've had the verizon fios service for about a year and 1/2 now...over the last month shows that I record freeze randomly...could be 1 min into the show, could be 30 mins in.  It seems to occur more often the more you FF.  Once the show is frozen the only way to get out of it is to turn off the DVR box completely (by unplugging it) wait about 30 seconds and turn it back on...pain in the butt because you have to wait for it to reload etc.  That does NOT allow you to watch the show, once its frozen its no longer watchable, it will just freeze at the same spot again if you retry.  This happens with about every 3rd show I record.  Paying a big price to only get to watch 1/2 of what you record.  How can this be fixed?

0 Likes
Re: DVR playbacks freezing constantly!
mrhawkinson
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've been having the same issue recently. Never had a problem before the recent 'upgrade' to the uglier, slower, less responsive menu system. If this doesn't get resolved soon I will have to cancel service.

mooster105
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same problem. I am also not receiving all of my email. Verizon tells me there is nothing on their server because they are kicking back email to the senders. The dvr is freezing and it is not recording entire shows. It skips through half the show when you are trying to watch it and you can't rewind to get the full show. it jumps I guess is how to describe it. I am getting very unhappy with verizon after 3 years. It is maybe getting too big and optimum is offering great deals right now.. it is tempting since I haven't had email in over 2 weeks.

0 Likes
momarch

wow...3 months now and no reply.  DVR STILL freezes constantly...I called verizon and after an exasperating time on the phone (have to repeat name/ssn/etc over and over as they pawn you off onto another department)...I am told i have to MAIL my box back and they'll send a new one that *I* have to set up myself??? this is **bleep**!!!! I pay $100 a month for tv/internet and this is the type of service you offer?  Pfffffffffffffffft.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

@momarch wrote:

wow...3 months now and no reply.  DVR STILL freezes constantly...I called verizon and after an exasperating time on the phone (have to repeat name/ssn/etc over and over as they pawn you off onto another department)...I am told i have to MAIL my box back and they'll send a new one that *I* have to set up myself??? this is **bleep**!!!! I pay $100 a month for tv/internet and this is the type of service you offer?  Pfffffffffffffffft.

0 Likes