December 2020 - Delay with remote commands
JennCell
Enthusiast - Level 2

For some reason over the last week or two there has been an awful delay between the remote and the tv. It's on both my main (DVR) box and my mini box in another room so it's not the box. If you press function (guide, pause, select a show, etc.) it takes about 5-10 seconds for anything to happen.  When pressing pause during a show (live or DVR) it doesn't pause for a few seconds after hitting pause. The delay in communication is AWFUL!!!

Re: December 2020 - Delay with remote commands
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@JennCell wrote:

For some reason over the last week or two there has been an awful delay between the remote and the tv. It's on both my main (DVR) box and my mini box in another room so it's not the box. If you press function (guide, pause, select a show, etc.) it takes about 5-10 seconds for anything to happen.  When pressing pause during a show (live or DVR) it doesn't pause for a few seconds after hitting pause. The delay in communication is AWFUL!!!

See this thread:

https://forums.verizon.com/t5/Fios-TV-Technical-Assistance/Sept-2020-Fios-DVR-and-Guide-Update/td-p/...

0 Likes
Re: December 2020 - Delay with remote commands
JennCell
Enthusiast - Level 2

Clem53 - Thank you for adding the other post to mine. I guess I overlooked it before posting. This new upgrade is the 2nd worse they ever put out. The first is when they thought they should upgrade the guide which isn't any better as I like the old guide.

Again, Thank you for adding the link. Happy Holidays.

0 Likes