Do Not Get "New" Indicator for Fios TV Messages
MiMeQu21
Contributor - Level 3

I have seen mulitple questions regarding receiving messages from Verizon Fios and there not being a message indicator light on your set-top box.  However, I have read that when you receive a new message, it will say "new" next to your messages when you click on the Menu button.

However, I rarely, if ever (I can't say for sure), get a "New" sign next to my messages.  Just the other day, I saw on the local weather channel a message about channels being moved.  I went into the Menu, and saw that there was no indication that I had a new message.  However, I clicked on the Message prompt anyway, and low and behold, there was a new message about the same channel changes.  When I selected "Save as New" (or something like that) in the options for that message, it now says "New" next to the messages prompt.  However, it was not there to begin with, and I can't say I ever recall it being there when I have had new messages.  Normally, I just make it a point to check the Messages prompt every few weeks, and I will see that I have messages waiting for me.  I do this because I can't remember seeing a "New" message prompt.

Has anyone else experienced this issue, namely, that you don't receive an indication that you have new messages (again, this is not about a light that shows up on your STB, this is the "NEW" indicator)?  If so, is there some way to get it to start showing up?  There doesn't seem to be anything in the Menu Guide regarding a new message indicator setting.  I would appreciate any information anyone can provide.  Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Do Not Get "New" Indicator for Fios TV Messages
MiMeQu21
Contributor - Level 3
0 Likes
Re: Do Not Get "New" Indicator for Fios TV Messages
MiMeQu21
Contributor - Level 3

Closing the thread...

0 Likes