Re: Politics seems more important to ESPN than Sports.
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

You have to go with custom tv plans  (not the levels like ultimate, preferred, etc).

Then search through options.

Be prepared that ESPN is big enough to be in many plans.

And it is similar across most providers.

Maybe try complaining to them that you don't like the message they are sending.

0 Likes
Getting Rid of ESPN!!!
tc1000
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am sick and tired of paying for ESPN!  It is ridiculous that the only TV package that doesn't not include ESPN also drops my favorite History Channels & A&E.  What cannot Verizon allow customers to drop ESPN which is the most expensive cable worthless cable channel ?   I am a Verizon stockholder and will bring this issue up at the next stockholders' meeting.

Re: Getting Rid of ESPN!!!
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Its called a contract.

And you will find similar situation with most if not all providers.

0 Likes
Is there any way to cancel NFL channel and ESPN, or are we stuck with the "BUNDLE"?
Mendes9
Contributor - Level 1

Remove NFL and ESPN from my bundle and save?

0 Likes
Based_Viktor

Verizon needs to review their bundles.  I don't want to support channels for organizations I find despicable.  Like the NFL and ESPN.  We should be able to choose ala carte the channels we want to support.

Why can't they do bundles like this: 100 channels, 200 channels, 300 channels, etc. of your choice?  Don't you think that would be some good customer-focused programming?

I understand the contractual issues that bind them when they negotiate with entities like the NFL, but they need to modify those T's & C's for their customers!

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

They have similar contracts with all providers.
That's why no provider has a true a la carte service.

Different content providers charge different rates.

Imagine the billing nightmare when the 100 channels you want only cost $75 while the 100 I want cost $87.50?

No way to have a one price fits all.

Plus pricing to cable companies reflects the number of subscribers. If you want a lesser watched channel, you might actually have to pay more.

And how do I as a content provider price my content?

Imagine a channel like AMC. People rush to sign up for Breaking Bad, but when that season is over, they all drop. That can wreck havoc on a cash flow.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Another reason its there is that certain companies, in this case Disney, insists on negotiating for all their products.  They negotiate which packages various channels are offered in.   So if Verizon wants some of their channels they have to carry others.

0 Likes
JohnB31

please drop ESPN from your line up, they are no longer a sports channel but are now a tool of the left wing nuts

0 Likes