Re: English Premier League Soccer on NBC Sports
mike10778

I cant believe Im sitting here jealous of all the people with Time Warner....

Seriously, how can they not offer Premier League Extra Time?  Good god.  

I see people posting this:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BR3-GeiCcAQFEQ8.jpg

And how can I not get jealous?  Wake the hell up Verizon.  Other companies are catching up...really, really fast.

0 Likes
Re: Adding Premier League Extra Time as a channel
tnawoodward
Verizon, please show some customer service skills here and provide response and make this happen please.
0 Likes
PANSY25

It's on channel EPL 492

0 Likes
ficta
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'll be on vacation for a week.  After that, Verizon, fix this or I'm going back to Comcast.  This really is a no brainer.  Sports is the only reason for most consumers to *need* cable these days, therefore, you should  make very sure you get sports coverage right, no?

0 Likes
jpalacino

Can anyone figure out how to access the NBCSports app - and get the matches? I keep trying to log on, but it says that I cannot watch the EPL matches w/o Golf Channel access(?). I'm glad that NBC Sports Network is carrying all the matches online, but it does me no good if I cannot watch them!

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Not sure if it still applies but when NBC covered the olympics the signon required you to allow third party cookies for  logons and not to have your cache clear on leaving your browser.  Flash, which was used for that coverage, would honor the clear cache and toss the successful logon as it switched from the Verizon signon to the NBC site.

0 Likes
Premier League Extra Time, The overflow channels ?
needeplextra
Enthusiast - Level 2

WHERE ARE  THEY?  I thought Verizon Fios was meant to be the cutting edge of Sports providers. EVERY other major provider offers them. PLEASE ADVICE?

Re: Premier League Extra Time, The overflow channels ?
Mscarch1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Very dissapointing Verizon is nor carrying thids channel.  VERY dissapointing...

0 Likes
Re: Premier League Extra Time, The overflow channels ?
needeplextra
Enthusiast - Level 2

All games not aired on NBC Sports Network will be made available to cable, satellite or telco TV providers through a package called Premier League Extra Time, a package of overflow television channels available at no extra cost for each of their customers who receives NBC Sports Network.  Check with your provider for specific channel and Premier League offering available.

NO EXTRA COST... any news on this from verizon??

0 Likes
mcz1
Enthusiast - Level 1

@jfreer wrote:

Beginning in August 2013, NBC Sports will have exclusive rights to English (Barclay's) Premier League soccer.  All games not aired on a designated NBCUniversal channel will be made available to distributors on Premier League Extra Time, a package of overflow television channels available at no extra cost for each of their customers who receives NBC Sports Network. (see: http://epltalk.com/2013/04/23/everything-you-need-to-know-about-nbcs-coverage-of-the-premier-league-...).  

Will Verizon/FiOS be making that service available to subscribers?

plz include NBC Premier League "Extra Time" games .... I just switched from Time Warner because of the CBS and Showtime fiasco ... Time Warner Cable had the EPL total TV games on additional/overflow stations and it was very nice.   I hope and plead that Verizon Fios will add soon.

0 Likes