Extremely low audio with set top box
Cricketics
Enthusiast - Level 2
Hello all. I have a sony smart tv and verizon set top box. When I change input to my other connected devices such as roku or ps3, my audio works well and I do not have to bring volume up till 40 or 50 to hear. However, when on Verizon, my volume is pretty low. I have to bring my tv volume up till 60+ to get any decent audio from a channel. Now this is not just for a particular channel. All channels on verizon are low with audio and I have to go all the way up. Can someone recommend a particular setting which I might have to play around with. I do not have any external speakers connected to tv.
0 Likes
Re: Extremely low audio with set top box
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

The details may vary depending on which model STB you have, but go to the STB menu and look for these steps:

Settings

Audio and Video

Set Top Box Volume : Fixed @ 30

Volume Control:  Fixed

Those settings should give you fixed maximum output from your STP and let you control volume with your TV.

I know you said the problem is with all channels, but let me just throw in that I find a fairly large difference in volume between channels, and even between shows on the same channel.  Some channels are loud enough with our smart TV set to 30 or so.  Other channels require a much higher setting than that.

Cricketics
Enthusiast - Level 2
Thank You both for your response.

I had fixed those settings but it did not seem to change the volume. However, I went to my sony tv settings and there I changed the audio mode to cinema mode for the hdmi 1 input where my verizon stb is set. And now it seems to be working great. The volume, even at 18 is great and now I am not having to change the volume if I change between different inputs.

eljefe2
Master - Level 1

Glad you found a solution and posted it back here.  That may help someone else with the same issue sometime in the future.

Bob910

Did any set-top-box audio completely fail? We tested TV 2nd HDMI as well as other Components, TV, etc.

We went through settings and tried to update.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes